Monday, May 18, 2009

Some Unrelated and Off the Wall Comments

I'm stuffing my face with pretzel Goldfish and chocolate chips as I type this. (The ratio is 1 goldfish to 3 chocolate chips.)

I've walked by a belly up roach in the dining room about 67 times today. Every once in a while I notice his legs twitching and think I should just stomp him and get it over with. That would mean a disgusting roach crunching noise followed by me having to clean up nasty roach guts. I'm seriously hoping this is the same roach that has been playing peek-a-boo with me in the pantry every night for the last month. I'll keep you posted.

I have never experienced more beautiful mid-May weather in South Texas. Our Sunday School class had the most perfect picnic after church (I had put off planning what to take all week because I seriously could not imagine myself sitting outside at a park at noon) and last night we slept with our window open! Yes, you heard me correctly. And today I sat outside with the boys while they played with their new sidewalk chalk. Amazing!

Today at the doctor's office (I have a lovely sinus infection) I ran into a lady I taught 2nd grade with about 8 years ago. She had never met my little angels. She still hasn't met my little angels. They promptly turned into little devils when they saw me talking to someone I knew. Coleman was making weird noises and pointing to the ceiling repeating the word, "Lights! Lights!" and Spence was running around the waiting room spitting on the leather chairs.

Woo hoo! Without even counting them out, my Goldfish and chocolate chips came out perfectly even!

Did I mention I have a sinus infection? I'm sore from coughing, and yeah, like I need one more thing keeping me up at night! (I'm up to 3 potty trips per night.) OK, enough complaining.

Tonight was the finals of Dancing With the Stars. Even though I haven't been discussing it on here, I have been watching every week. The best three dancers were in the finals, and I think either Gille or Melissa should take home that Mirror Ball Trophy tomorrow night!

While checking out at the doctor's office today, the lady said, "Your copay is $35. Oh, wait, you have a credit! I'll put that toward your bill." I didn't even look at the receipt until I got home. I'm not sure exactly how you get a credit of $.94, but I guess $34.06 is better than $35. I'm still not convinced that her enthusiasm over my credit was fully justified.

This is the boys' last week of school. (Goodbye free time. You'll be missed.) Tomorrow they have parties, then Thursday is the end of the year program. Coleman will return to the stage! I cannot wait to see what happens this time. If you remember, his Christmas performance was less than stellar. He tells me he's going to sing this time. We'll see!

The roach has been, um, dealt with. I'm celebrating by having some more pretzel Goldfish and chocolate chips.

I stayed up late last night finishing my library book, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. (Going to the library with a 4 year old and a 2 year old is not a leisurely event where you have time to browse and find the perfect book. It's more about finding any book that looks halfway interesting in the 30 seconds you're given before the child-free adults start giving you dirty looks to get back to "the kid section." Actually, I have no idea if they give dirty looks or not. I never make eye contact with anyone when we venture over to the adult side. All this being said, I really enjoyed the book, so the movie will have to move up the queue on Netflix!) So, I'm off to bed, after I go spray some of that $60 nasal spray into my nose.

6 comments:

Rita said...

Oh my...i do hope you are feeling better and got a good night sleep!!

And for the roach...I think that was too much info for me....we have flies and maybe an ant....roaches....ugh a bugga...

I'm anxiously awaiting to see if Coleman sings!!!!

Jennifer said...

If you want a good book get Jodi Picoult, she is always good and will never disappoint. The best one is My Sister's Keeper and it was just made into a movie. I think it comes out next month.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I remember those tired days; and my angels do the same things in similar situations. I am enjoying this weather also; except for today is water day for Caleb and I am not so sure we won't end up with a bunch of sick kids because of our beautiful cool weather mixed with waterslides. Anyway I am having a childless moment at home for the first time in ages - so I better go mop the floor (also a first in ages). :)
Hope you have a great, blessed day.
sheree

Jennifer said...

I just gave you a blog award:

http://themaynards3.blogspot.com/2009/05/bloggy-award.html

Mrs. H said...

I enjoyed this post! Made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

great post!
T-4