Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Two Year Old's Creed

I imagine that every morning Spence wakes up, and before he yells, "Mommy! Mommy!" he lays in bed and repeats this creed:

I am 2 years old,
therefore I must act like it.

If it is in one piece, I must break it into two.

If it is up high, I must find a way to climb up to it.

If there is a bottle with a pump, I will pump it with all my might.

If it is nasty, I will touch it as much as possible.

If Mommy wants me to eat it, I must utterly refuse.

If Mommy does not want me to eat it, I will try my best to get her to change her mind.

If water comes out of it, I will see how much water I can get out of it before getting caught.

If it's creamy, I will smear it on my face.

If my brother gets it first, I shall yell that, "I was playing with that!"

If my brother builds it, I must tear it down.

If asked to go to the bathroom, I should say, "no" then immediately pee in my pull-up.

While doing all this, I must look as cute as possible.

I am two years old. That is my excuse.
If Mommy looks frazzled at the end of the day, I have had a successful day.
Tomorrow I may choose to act completely different.


Oh what a joy to have a happy, healthy, lovable 2 year old! He brings many smiles to my face and grays to my hair every day! I love you Spence!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes mommie does love Spence!
I wish I could remember what
I did when I was two don't you? LOL
T-4

Rita said...

What a great tribute to a very adorable "normal", in every way you want them to be, 2 year old...And how quickly time passes as he is all ready 2 and a half!!!

Anonymous said...

you should publish that
sheree

Anonymous said...

That would Caden's creed too!!

Out of my 4 kids, I think he has the terrible two's the worst!! :0)

Definately making me glad I won't have to go through this again.

Anonymous said...

oh yes...perfect!

Anonymous said...

And today Nana is experiencing some of the same. If he is out of my sight for one second I am up and running. At bedtime he was so wound up that I had to actually lay beside him until he feel asleep. We are having a great time. Papa and I love having them here. By the way, Coleman read Alphabatics all by himself. We went and played baseball after dinner (the only half way cool time of day). He hit the ball over the house. However, Mom and Dad, be surprised when he tells you. Mom