Friday, May 15, 2009

What's Going On?

Not much, besides hanging out with these two adorable boys. They look nothing like the naughty type, do they?


When it was time for Spence to get up from his nap today, Coleman went upstairs and opened his door. He came running down yelling that Spence had done something bad and had something on his face. I was pretty sure I hadn't left any Sharpies lying around in Spence's room, so I couldn't imagine what it was. This is what I saw when I entered the room. (Click to get a better look.)


He had climbed onto the dresser and was wiping diaper cream all over his face and hands. It was even between his teeth! That's the nasal aspirator he has, I'm assuming trying to suck cream out of his nose. We don't use the changing pad anymore, so I think it's time to pack it away and store the diaper cream in the bathroom!

There are big changes coming our way, aside from a new storage location for the diaper cream. Coleman has made the transition to all underwear, all the time. He's been wearing underwear for the last year, but I just couldn't bring myself to let him sleep in them. When we ran out of pull ups last week, we made the switch. Did you know urine doesn't just soak into the sheets? It travels up to the pillow, saturating all the stuffed animals in its path. It's all good though, well, except for the pillow. I've never had much luck putting pillows in the wash, so today I went and bought new pillows for the boys. I also bought waterproof covers for the pillows and the twin mattresses that will go on the bunk beds. The beds should be here in the next week or two!

Also, Spence has been showing some interest in the potty, so I bought some pull ups for him. We're going to start a sticker chart and try to take potty breaks throughout the day. I don't hold high hopes for this, but it's easier to take him to the potty if he's wearing a pull up, so we'll see.

I'll leave you with this face. Who couldn't love it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a Funniest Video winning $100,000 when a little boy put diaper cream on his face. It probably wouldn't fly again.

Rita said...

He looks like a pictures of Brent we have with shaving cm on his face....

Spence looks just adorable...hard to get mad....with those eyes looking at you...but inbetween your teeth.yuk!

Good for the boys on the new advances in the potty department...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness ....
Spence is a real memory maker!
I wonder what he was thinking as he was putting the cream on his face?
Poor little guy but so funny !
He is adorable!
T-4