Monday, May 04, 2009

I Want To Be Just Like Mommy When I Grow Up


And here's a funny conversation I had with Spence while putting him to bed. We were sitting in the rocker reading stories and my stomach kept growling.

Spence: Mommy, you tooted!
Mommy: No. My tummy is growling.
Spence: Oh. (thinks for a minute) The baby is growling?
Mommy: No! Just my tummy!

I'd love to get inside a two year old's head and figure out all his thoughts on the baby. First, he thought he could see it if he looked hard enough through my belly button. Now he thinks he can hear it growling! I told him our baby doesn't growl because it's a nice baby.

Coleman has asked how the baby will get out. I just told him I'll go to the hospital and the doctor will take it out. "But how?" he asked. "She just knows how to get it out," I replied.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Some day...they will learn ...so just give em the facts....ha ha ha

Paul and Candice said...

That's hilarious! I wish I knew if Paul David even had a slight clue as to what's about to happen. Their little worlds are about to be turned upside down:)