Saturday, December 20, 2008

Feelin' Fine and Smellin' Pine

I feel better today than I have in 7 weeks. Praise the Lord! Praise Him! Praise Him! Hopefully this "morning" sickness is on its way out. I woke up feeling great, and strangely enough in a mood to clean that only strikes every few years. It's only 2 o'clock and I've already mopped my kitchen, dining room, entry, and master bath. I've dusted our bedroom, including the ceiling fan blades, washed our sheets and blankets, and vacuumed. I've cleaned sticky prints off the windows by the front door and the back door. I've got plans to vacuum the rest of the floors downstairs and upstairs when Spence wakes up from his nap.

Speaking of Spence, he dressed himself today. We were in Coleman's closet and he saw an old pair of boots and a cowboy hat and decided he wanted to wear them today. Then he found Coleman's Superman pajama top and wanted that on too. I chose the shorts because it's freakishly warm today. Here's what it looks like when a two year old dresses himself:

Absolutely adorable!

Hope you are enjoying your Christmas season! Only 5 more days! Coleman has been marking off the days until Christmas on a calendar Brian printed out for him. Every night before bath he scratches off a day and counts how many days left until the 25th. He's really enjoying that. Spence has already unwrapped a few gifts, but he didn't try to play with them or anything. He just likes tearing the paper off. I'm pretty sure one of them is a jelly bean pooping reindeer. Good one, Uncle Brent.

Sorry about today's title. I try to think of clever ones, but sometimes they just turn out dorky. The smell of pine refers to the Pine-Sol I used to mop the floors this morning!

4 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Yay, I'm so glad you feel better! I bet your house looks awesome, but it always does!

Spence, you look so cool, dude!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!

Rita said...

My hero...Spence...you look the a true western cowboysuper hero!!!

Glad you feel better...love ya

Rita said...

P.S. I think you title is great!!!!

Anonymous said...

He's a SUPER COWBOY MAN!!!
oh I see Grandma said almost the same thing. :)