Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Remembering the True Meaning

Sometimes it's hard to get in the Christmas spirit. The world throws all its "worldy stuff" at you. Santa and reindeer and lights and trees are all nice, but if that's all you have at Christmas, it leaves you feeling empty. I was asking Brian the other day when Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings came to be the thing to say. People are so afraid to offend anyone. It's frustrating. I have to admit I haven't been feeling too festive. Then Sunday in church we were singing Hark the Herald Angels Sing when a line jumped out at me: God and sinners reconciled. What an amazing thought! That is what Christmas is about. That moment my spirit was lifted and I felt joy for this Christmas season. So Merry Christmas to all of you!

Hark the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled"

2 comments:

Rita said...

Light bulb moments are wonderful, esp in church!!

Anonymous said...

I say, Merry Christmas!
That's not inappropriate.
Unless it was the 4th of July.
;)
no more bah humbug!
love ya!