Thursday, December 04, 2008

It's Beginning to Look, Um, A Little Like Christmas

Brian got the Christmas decorations out of the attic this morning, so while the boys were at school I dug through them and started doing a little decorating. I did a little throwing out also. Hopefully none of my former second grade students will be dropping by and asking where the gold glitter candle holder or stackable snowman or hideous metal Rudolph (so rude I know) are displayed. The stockings are hung by the chimney with care and the nativity set is displayed. Last night we took the boys' Christmas pajama pictures. I'm a sucker for the Christmas pajamas! This weekend we'll be taking our family Christmas picture for our card. We've already started bribing and threatening Coleman to behave during the photo session. This gets harder every year! I want a picture of the four of us together, but we'll see how that goes. I can't imagine next year with three! Cherish the card this year, because there may not be one next year!

Oh, it finally can feel like Christmas because it's cold! It's so exciting! This morning Coleman started talking about snow. I told him we weren't going to Montana for Christmas this year, and he was pretty sad. He said, "But I want to play in the snow and make my hand prints and hug a tree!" I have no idea about the "hugging a tree" part. Grandma, when you come in January could you bring us some snow? Coleman would really appreciate it!

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

There is no way your a bigger sucker than I am for Christmas PJ's. Just wait until you see what I've got in store for my blog.

I did a LOT of tossing last year. I decided I was going to contain it all in the boxes I have, and the singing stuffed animals were more important than the porcelean teapot that who knows who gave me who knows when!

Anonymous said...

GGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Rita said...

Coleman...you would be in awe here today....After about a foot of snow today the sun was shining brightly and it was just beautiful!!!! I took a little ride on the ice in my car!!! And I was ice skating in my boots in the parking lots all over town!! You would have loved it....I'll do even better....I'll ask the weatherman if he can make it snow at your house for your birthday!! ( I have connections)

I love the Christmas pajamas pictures!!! And the family one too!!