Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What A Crazy Idea

Every night Coleman asks where we're going after breakfast. I knew it was supposed to rain so we wouldn't be able to go to a park, so I told him we could go play at the mall. When I said this I forgot that there were two shopping days left before Christmas and the mall would be a madhouse. A promise is a promise though. We had some other things to do first though. Here is what Spence looked like this morning:

He needed a haircut in the worst kind of way! I had been letting it grow to see how it would do, but it was just getting unruly. I wanted to keep some length, but have it look groomed, so Brian and I decided to try a bowl cut on him. It's pretty cute, I think.

After nap time, we headed to the mall. We parked 5 miles from the door, squeezed through the crowds, and found our way to the play area. I was stressed just being there. I can't imagine needing to find gifts! That's one thing I did right this year - I bought gifts early!

The camera battery died before I could get a good shot of Spence's haircut, but you can see it in some of the pictures from the mall.


This is the "stomp pad" they like to play on. There is a projector on the ceiling that projects different interactive games.


"Merry Christmas from the mall!"

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you've gotten all your shopping done and can keep your distance from the malls tomorrow!

5 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Cute haircut, Spence! Haircuts always make them look grown up!

Oh, the mall is crazy. Paul and his mom went Saturday. They had to park at a movie theater and pretend they were going to the movie so they wouldn't get towed. They said it was so bad they almost just left.

You guys have a wonderful Christmas!

sheree said...

I went to Walmart just to get out of the house today, 20 minutes later we left just to get back home. It was wild. So glad I shopped early this year also. It has also left more time for playing legos, baking cookies, yeast rolls, and making ornaments. Good times - maybe I'll blog about it sometime. :) That'd be nice, huh?

Rita said...

Oh..Spence looks so cute...and older!! Yes, I the people that shop the week before or the day or two before are hardier than I...

It's so beautiful here....wish it had been like this last year....

Siva said...

Hi I (A grad student in Sinagpore)would like to contact Mr.Pikkula(I knew him by reading his papers) for advice on certain professional work.I could not find his email id either in houston university website or in anderson centre..Can you please pass me on his mail id to my mail id siva0182@yahoo.co.in

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!