Friday, December 19, 2008

How Do You Put Up With Me?

Dear Brian,
Can you believe we've been married for 10 years now? It's so funny how it's hard to remember how things used to be. Like when we got Lucy, just a few months after we got married, it was hard to remember life before her. And by the way, thanks for getting up with her in the night to let her out and for kennel training her. I told you I'd get up with our future kids if you'd get up with the dog. I should have thought about that one a little harder! Then when we had Coleman it was hard to remember what life was like before him. Now it's the same with Spence, and soon with the new baby. Although I'm having a hard time imagining being outnumbered by our kids!

What I'm trying to say is it's hard to remember life before you. And I don't want to! Every day is an adventure. Remember when you were finishing up graduate school and we had no clue where we were going to live? That was exciting! I also remember when I quit teaching and didn't have another job lined up. Then God gave me the perfect job that lasted the perfect length of time.

God has been so good to us. He brought us together just 3 short months before you graduated and moved across the ocean. He kept us together through that year apart. He has been there with us through depression, joblessness, babies, and everything in between! We would be nothing without Him. He gave you to me to be the leader of our family - our provider and protector. He gave us the most wonderful children!

Some days I wonder if you knew what you were getting into when you married me. Crazy songs get stuck in my head and I sing them for days. I forget to check if you have any clean underwear left and you end up having to wear boxers. I complain about things, but I don't like to take action to change whatever is bothering me. I don't like cleaning the shower. I could list some others, but I don't want everyone knowing all my faults!

It has been an amazing 10 years. Thank you for sticking with me and loving me through it all. You are a wonderful husband and exceptional daddy. I'm looking forward to the next 10 years.

I love you,
Amanda

P.S. - By the way, we're not going out tonight. The babysitter never returned my call!

3 comments:

Rita said...

I love you, Amanda....for loving Brian!!!! And for being you!!!!!! And the most wonderful Mother and Father to my grandchildren!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ten Years & looking forward to ten more what a blessing! Congratutations !
You are an amazing couple may your next 10 be blessed with love and happiness.
T-4
P.S. Loved the Christmas card pictures! Thanks

Anonymous said...

love this letter!
:)

Congratulations!!!