Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Since We Last Spoke

I just noticed I hadn't updated since Christmas day! Let's see, since then we've been playing with new toys, Brian was poisoned by Chili's, and the boys and I went to stay with my parents for a few days. Back to Brian. Saturday night we got takeout from Chili's, and in the wee hours of Sunday morning I woke up to Brian puking it all back up! He said he knew he had to make it to the toilet because there was no chance I was going to help him clean it up. He was so right. Chili's is officially off the takeout list!

I'm mostly over my nausea, but my sense of smell is still working overtime. I think I pretty much just hold my breath all day. And I eat all day. Is it possible to do those two things at the same time? Only if you're pregnant I guess. I'm not looking forward to getting on the scale next time I go to the doctor! I'll have to post a picture soon because I'm really starting to look pregnant.

As for the weather here, it is insane. One day it's close to 80 and muggy, the next it's in the 40s. It is driving me crazy and wreaking major havoc on my allergies. If any of you northerners are sick of the constant cold, you are welcome to visit us in Southeast Texas! Bring your shorts and your parkas! You just never know.

I mailed out Coleman's birthday invitations this week. I can't believe he's going to be 4 in less than 2 weeks! He's having a Batman birthday party, so I designed the invitations and Brian printed them out for me. When I have a chance I'll show you how they turned out.

2008 is just hours from being over. I hope you all have a safe and happy new year! Talk to you in 2009!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Glad to hear from you....and that you are doing "OK"...is that what you say when one is nauseated,has hayfever, freezing one day and roasting the next....eating to not smell anything...guess that is what you call "OK"..LOL

Can't wait to see all of you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2009 Pik family!!!

A Batman party! Great pictures from the past to display at the High School Graduation party some day! Joel and our guests LOVED looking at them. :)