Monday, June 29, 2009

First Day on the New Job

Grandma left yesterday and Daddy went to work this morning. So today is my first official day on the job as Mommy of Three. I have to say I've got some first day jitters. My goal is to multitask as much as possible. Like this morning I brushed my teeth while starting a load of laundry. I tried to sweep the kitchen floor while loading the dishwasher, but that didn't work so well. I can nurse a baby while checking my email, having a devotional and prayer time, and reading a story to the boys. I need to find about seven other chores or activities I can do while nursing a baby and I'll be set for each of the day's feedings! I'm afraid showering just became a low priority. That will have to wait until I get several complaints that I'm starting to stink. I haven't decided if I'm ready to brave the grocery store with all three kids yet. I wonder if there's some training seminar that would prepare me for that? Right now I'm choosing to blog instead of go to the bathroom. That may prove to be a bad decision. Well, the good news is I can't get fired! I can't quit either! I'm actually looking forward to my first day. I better get busy though. I've got back to back meetings with the diaper changing station and the time out chair. Wish me luck!

How could these three be any trouble?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

You just made me laugh out loud. You always have such a great attitude even when times are rough. I hope you have a first great day at your new job and just remember as long as they are fed and not bleeding, you have to be doing a pretty good job! (I wouldn't venture the grocery store yet, wait until your mom gets there and then take a trip there all by yourself!)

Anonymous said...

Not to fear! Mom is on the way. I'll see you Tues. evening. Have a great time with Candace and family.

Mrs. H said...

Oh this post brought be back 2 yrs ago when I was in your same situation! And look I made it!! So will you...with flying colors! Just remember laundry, dishes and such will still be there tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!!! And you're doing a fabulous job with the bows!!! The kids are adorable and man is Allie in trouble with all the protection of 2 big brothers...
Lucky for you and Brian the "boys" won't have a chance with her!!!!!

Paul and Candice said...

I'm so impressed that you're already having your first day! I still haven't made it that far yet! I see that your mom's coming tomorrow evening...thank goodness for Moms and Mother-in-laws is all I have to say...oh, and husbands, too!

I remember when Krystal was in your position, too. I do believe she called me on her way to the grocery store with three kids or when she left...I'm pretty sure she would have advised against it at the time!

Only a couple of more hours until we see you guys! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice to call in your order to the grocery store and have Brian pick it up on the way home.
At my first job we did that...
REALLY
I am praying for you!
The trick is to get everyone to take a nap at the same time..
Lotza luck....

Terez said...

I'm impressed you were able to blog!! It was a hilarious post and is giving me insight to how things will be for me shortly! Allie is just too adorable and the boys look so cute with her. Hope today didn't feel too long!