Saturday, June 06, 2009

Welcome to Our Family...

New Kenmore Freezer
June 6, 2009
5:05 pm
8.8 cubic feet

Sorry! Couldn't resist! We've been looking at freezers for a while. The boys are starting to eat like teenagers, and I'd love to be able to buy more in bulk. Now I can! My playgroup moms gave me a food shower yesterday, and my freezer is stuffed. It's so nice to have extra space now.

And also from today. What I heard from one lady, almost said in one breath:

"When was your due date? Last month? I've never seen anyone so pregnant! How many babies are in there?" Dang lady! Take a breath and think before you keep rattling on! I told Brian I should have started crying and said, "It took me all day to get the courage to leave the house and this is what you say to me???" But I desire to take the higher road. I still haven't slapped a single person!

I'm really hoping that this baby will be born on Tuesday, June 9th. That is my Mom's birthday, and I haven't had a chance to shop, so that would take care of her gift. Just kidding! I have a gift for you Mom. But I would love for this baby to share your birthday! That would be so special.

Well, not really any updates. Maybe there won't be too many more posts without baby pictures!

8 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

I didn't realize that your mom and my dad have the same birthdays! That would be so special for you mom.

We would LOVE to get a freezer, too. We just don't have an open space right now for it. Enjoy buying in bulk and all that extra space. You're going to LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I think you are precious and cute! I remember loving being pregnant although I have no desire to experience it again. I'm too old, but I'll get to experience it through Charity, hopefully in the next few years.

Keep on keeping on!!! In God's time.

Love you,
Pam

Jody said...

Amanda you are so funny. I love the freezer welcome. I'm so sorry some people say those things. I think women forget how you feel when you are pregnant. I just want to praise the Lord for the miracle God is performing in you and encourage you. We are so happy for you and Brian and I pray for your continued sweet spirit as the birth of your baby draws near. I remember how emotional and tired and eager I was. My first baby boy went full term and was 9 lbs 1 oz, so I sympathize. Love you guys.

Rita said...

Does the freezer have a name??? I about fell off my chair when I saw the welcome thing...I thought I had missed something while in Broadus with limited phone service!!

Some people just don't think....I think you look like an angel!!!!

Jennifer said...

You got me with that one! I was so excited when I first glanced at it and then I thought "Kenmore, that's a weird name" and was slightly disappointed that it was not a girl! Praying for you that this baby will come soon!

Anonymous said...

A freezer !
Wow that is great!
Food shower..
What a fabulous idea!
Grandpa used to say
"If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything."
some people need to think before they speak! I am sorry they said that to you!
Baby likes being close to mommy for a little while longer.
Birthday will come ....
T-4

Anonymous said...

OH Amanda, remember a while back I told you that I thought I may have a watermelon too. Well, at a mere 5 months you want to think you can still perform in public like a normal person, but some people just won't allow that, will they? My dad has worked at the same place for a 100yrs and Friday, they had their annual company fish fry. I was asked...HER: "So how far along are you?" ME: Oh, 5 months. HER: "WHAT, are you sure there aren't 2 in there?" ME: (with a look of desperation and horror) "Yes, just one boy, we have already had a couple of sonograms. HER: "Are you sure one isn't hiding in there?" ME: "Yep, pretty sure...I'm gonna go sit down now, I'm Hungry. It was nice to meet you, though."
MAN PEOPLE, have a "little" compassion....I hope I have just a little of the patience you have portrayed throughout your pregnancy. BUT YOU KNOW ME!!! HA HA Good luck and I hope Baby Pik makes it's debute soon. Racheal

Anonymous said...

I thought getting to keep the boys at my house was my birthday present. Mom