Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Funny Spence

I called to talk to my friend Candice this afternoon. She's having a baby tomorrow! I can't wait to hear the news Candice! After I got off the phone, Spence and I had a funny conversation.

Spence: Who was on the phone Mommy?
Mommy: That was Paul David's Mommy. She's having a baby tomorrow!
Spence: (looking at my belly and pointing to it) This baby?
Mommy: No, her own baby. This one's ours!

Thinking about labor does make me a little nervous, and it might be nice to let someone else go through that for me (any takers?), but I'm pretty ready. And I'm really excited about hearing the doctor say, "It's a _______!!!" So I've got that to occupy my thoughts instead of, "Will I get my epidural in time???" I don't know if all pregnant women do this, but I also worry about my water breaking and there being some huge mess. Maybe on aisle 12 at Wal-Mart, or in the pool at the gym (yes, I went to the gym today!), or lying in bed at night. Then will my car seat get all messed up on the way to the hospital? I'm not even sure why I think about this. My water has never broken on it's own. I guess I just need something to obsess about!

Also, I'm going to lock my online baby pool in the next few days, so if you still haven't guessed but would like to, click here.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Can we change our due date??

It'll be fine....

Anonymous said...

BABY MONTH is finally here!
The family is about to cheer!
Can't wait to see the first family pictures! Coleman,Spence & baby!

No you can't change your due date.
I have the 10th.. and I am counting on winning the gift from the baby... LOL
We are praying for everything to be just fine.
T-4

Jennifer said...

A couple of months ago when Beth Moore's daughter was about to have her second child she was obsessing about the same thing. Some people suggested carrying around a bottle of water wherever she went so that if her water broke in the middle of a store she could just open up the bottle and pour it out so that it would look like the water bottle dropped instead of her water breaking!

Anonymous said...

My water broke with Caleb, but it was more like a leak, trickle. I just sat fixed what I could (you know what I mean), then sat on a towel to the hospital. I guess it could gush, but probably not. I understand your nervousness. I will pray for your peace and sound mind. Hope the baby comes soon - I can't wait to find out what it is - feel bad saying it. Sorry. sheree