Monday, June 01, 2009

Summer Cuts

I guess our summer has started! No more school for the boys, so no more kid free grocery shopping! Well, if I could have gotten my act together on the weekend I could have gone while Brian was home to stay with them. But that didn't happen. We started the day with a trip back to Coleman's allergist. The last round of antibiotics didn't knock out his infection, so we're on to round two! He's on an antibiotic, a steroid, nasal spray, prescription cough medicine, and his usual Singulair. I felt like a drug dealer tonight at bedtime! Spence thinks it's way cool though and wants to take medicine also. He says, "I'm coughing too." Then he'll give a little fake cough. I even caught him with a medicine syringe and a bottle of Gatorade. He was filling the syringe and drinking the Gatorade out of it!

After the doctor, I took the boys to get summer haircuts. They turned out pretty cute! The picture isn't great, but it's the best I got.

The girl put some goo on Coleman's to spike it up, but he did not like that. I loved Spence's long hair, but it looks so adorable now, and I'm sure will be much cooler for the hot weather.

I'm going to the doctor weekly now, so I have another appointment tomorrow. I'm not expecting to hear that anything's happening, but it sure would be nice! I'll let you know!

If you clicked on the picture and saw the white stripes on Spence's right cheek, that is white out that he got into at Nana's house. Apparently that stuff doesn't come off! At least not in 3 days. I'm interested in seeing how long it will stay on there!

While I'm thinking of how silly Spence is, here's something that he did on the way home from Arby's last night. Coleman got a game in his kid's meal called "Would You Rather." So on the way home I was reading the "Would You Rather" cards and Coleman would say which one he would rather do. Then Spence started adding his opinion. Here's how it went:

Mommy: Would you rather have your thumb twice as long or your second toe twice as long?
Coleman: Um, my big toe!
Spence: Um, McDonald's!

Mommy: Would you rather live in a world with no tables or no chairs?

Coleman: No chairs!

Spence: McDonald's!

Mommy: Would you rather walk backwards for a week or hop on one foot for a day?
Coleman: Walk backwards for a week!
Spence: McDonald's!

You get the idea. Apparently Spence didn't, though!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Oh...do hope Coleman feels better soon....Thank God for Dr's and medicines tho....

And for Spence...ha....he makes me giggle...guess he likes McDonald's!!

They look so cute with their haircuts!!

Paul and Candice said...

I laughed so hard at your drug dealer comment...that's funny stuff! Spence is hilarious...drinking Gatorade out of the syringe! Paul David LOVES to take medicine, too. Before he brushes his teeth, he'll ask for medicine. Sometimes I just fill the syringe with water...sadly, he knows it's water and and says, "Yummy, water!" He just likes the syringe I think.

I just think it's so funny all the cute things these 2 year olds are saying and doing now! I'm sure the white out wasn't super funny, but it will be interesting to see how long it lasts!

Hope Coleman feels better soon! Poor thing...these South East Texas allergies are the worst!