Tuesday, June 09, 2009

How We Stay Entertained Around Here

You know me. I love to record the funny things that Coleman says. Here are a few of his latest:

In Sunday School, Coleman's class learned about the Ten Commandments. This morning while he was eating breakfast and drinking his juice, he said, "I wonder why they didn't add 'No Gargling' in the Moses story?" I didn't realize gargling was such a no no!

Coleman is on his second round of antibiotics for his sinus infection. He describes this new antibiotic as "yucky" and keeps asking me why it doesn't taste good. He has to take it in the morning and before bed. So when I give it to him, he says, "I need my emergency kit!" The emergency kit includes a cup of water and 1 pretzel Goldfish. I guess this keeps the yuckiness to a minimum! Spence also insists on eating 1 pretzel Goldfish at the same time!

Coleman has been trying to teach Spence how to argue. It goes like this:
Coleman: Are too! Now you say 'Are not!'
Spence: Are too!
Coleman: Are too!
Spence: Are too!
Coleman: No! You say 'Are not!'

Sometimes Spence gets it and sometimes he doesn't. I think this is so funny because I remember as an only child really wishing I had someone to argue with! I liked listening to my best friend and her little sister argue and would try to join in if I could. I'm sure it won't be so amusing when the boys are actually arguing, but maybe I will have a little more patience with it since I didn't have that opportunity as a child!

And "Happy Birthday Nana!" Coleman is very confused and concerned that you are not having a birthday party. He keeps asking when your birthday starts and when we're going to your birthday. I've tried telling him that today is your birthday, but there is no party. I explained that grown ups don't always have birthday parties, but he just doesn't get that! He's also confused that you are coming to our house tomorrow, since it is Maestro's birthday! Why would you come on Maestro's birthday?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Poor Coleman! Yucky medicine is no fun. If it starts upsetting his tummy you can give him a little bite of chocolate before he takes the medicine. It helps to soothe their tummies. Just a little info for the day!