Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coleman's Batman Party

It was either a tornado or a herd of 4 year old boys that ripped through our house today! We celebrated Coleman's birthday, and boy was it fun! Coleman's friends Eric, Wyatt, Keller, Will, Bradley, and David came. Along with six mommies, one daddy, two sisters, Nana and Poppa, Grandma, Mommy, Daddy, and Spence. Coleman chose a Batman theme. As the kids arrived, they played until it was time to eat pizza. Then Coleman opened his presents. When all the gifts were opened and played with for a few minutes, we had cake and ice cream. Finally it was time to pass out the party favors, but they were gone! The Joker had left one of his Joker cards informing us that he had stolen their goodies. He left clues to lead the kids on a treasure hunt to find them. The first clue led the boys to the dining room, then the fire place, the piano, the bathroom, and finally Coleman's room. In each place they found another Joker card with a clue. I hope the kids had as much fun as I did! Now I've got to wrap this up so I can start the clean up!

The Batman Cake

Say, "Blue Icing!!!"


Can you believe Grandma came all the way from Montana for my birthday party?!?!

Coleman can hardly wait to open all his gifts



Time for cake!

Yummy!

It was pretty chilly, but the kids decided to go out and play on the fort.

Thanks to all of Coleman's friends for coming to his party. It was a fun day, and I'm sure he'll be talking about it for a long time! Now time for Mommy to say, "I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS FOUR!!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Coleman. Looks like a lot of fun - hope cleanup goes quickly. Bittersweet to see them grow up. I have a tour at an elementary school Tuesday. Caleb begins kindergarten this fall. He said he was so excited to see all the toys in his new class. I have cried over it - as I explain that there won't be any toys. Awwwww!!!
sheree

Anonymous said...

They grow way too fast! My baby is 3! January 12th is a great day though! My other baby will be 6!
I love the belly shot, too sweet.
Jaime

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coleman!
Your party looked like it was so much fun and a lot of presents too!
I know it was nice to have grandma come to your party!
What a fabulous cake!
Glad you had a nice party!
T-4
Where is there a Kindergarten with out toys? You should come to my room we have a lot of toys.

Jennifer said...

It looks like they were having fun! Email me your recipe for Beef Stroganoff when you get a chance. I love anything from Southern Living!