Thursday, January 08, 2009

No Details, Please

I'm not even going to try to figure out how to put into words the day I had today. Let's just say a certain almost 4 year old, who has taken a liking to going pee pee in the park, took the "park potty break" to a whole nother level today. Mid-pee he's yelling at me about what's happening and I go over to see. Yes, it was bad. I'm not going into detail, but it was a mess. When we, I mean I, finally got it all cleaned up we headed for the car. Not 10 steps from the car, Spence (who now had a dirty diaper which I couldn't change because I had used almost all the wipes) fell in the only mud within a 5 mile radius. I was not as calm and collected as I was during the whole powdered sugar incident. I'm afraid I lost a little of my cool. I guess that's allowable, or at least understandable? I remember thinking, "At least #3 isn't here yet." I might have lost it completely. Anyone else have a similar day?

8 comments:

Rita said...

Ahh...I rem losing my cool a few times also....and look, they both turned out without too many Mommy Dearest stories....at least that I know of.....Hope today is better!!!!! See you tonight!!!

Mrs. H said...

Oh girl...I have lost my cool too a few times too! One day you can look back and laugh!

Jennifer said...

You poor thing! I am so glad that little girls don't have the capability to pee at the park. I don't know what I would do!

Anonymous said...

Maybe this baby will be a girl. They don't pee in the park. : ) A boy has been a whole new experience for me! Haylea plays Barbies and Peyton yanks their heads off! I think we all lose our cool from time to time. At least I like to tell myself other Mom's lose it too!
Jaime

Anonymous said...

Yea, I have stories too where I have lost my cool. Luckily, though, I have two girls and they can't just go where ever they want. One day, the story will make you laugh, not cry.
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Me lose my cool, not ever. Ha! You are perfect compared to me. There is actually a book called "She's Gonna Blow" - it's about me every other day. We are actually starting a group over it at MOPS, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about - you are almost always cool and calm from what I read. God's working on me as Hermie would say, "I'm not done yet!" Motherhood to me is the epitome of God cleaning out the impure in our hearts. All the crummy stuff rises to the top - okay I've shared way too much here. :) Love ya, sheree

Anonymous said...

yeah those days pretty much started to blend together when Jared came along.
I would think of different ways to right S O S to be rescued. ;)

Anonymous said...

oops...
write is the correct way to spell it.
sorry.
It's been a very long day at work.