Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Don't Believe My Child

Today when I went to pick up Coleman from Mother's Day Out, his teacher asked if I was having twins. I said no, and obviously had a look on my face as if to say, "Do I look like I'm going to have twins?" She told me that Coleman had said I was going to have twins. Oh my word! On the way out to the car we had a little talk.

Mommy: Why did you tell your teacher I was having twins?

Coleman: I told them you were having a boy and a girl.

Mommy: We're only going to have one baby. So it will either be a boy or a girl. We can't have both.

Coleman: I asked God for a girl and a boy and He said (imagine this in Coleman's best God voice), "Okay. I'll make a boy and a girl." And I said make them look like me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaa ............
God listens to his children.
Maybe you are having twins.
With God all things are possible.
I can just hear Coleman if you do have twins...
" See I told you so."
LOL T-4

Anonymous said...

Wow - watch out!sheree

Rita said...

Well. well...twins....for Coleman...God is listening....:-)

Paul and Candice said...

What a hoot??? That's too funny! We always told the parents at Kindergarten orientation that we would only believe half of what their kids say if they'd only believe half of what their kids say that we said! Kids are a riot, but who knows what you'll find out at that upcoming ultrasound!

Jeani said...

When I was in 3rd grade I told my teacher that my Mom had her baby and it was a boy. A few months later Mary was born. I don't really know why I said that to her.