Sunday, January 25, 2009

Why, Mommy? Why?

I haven't documented some of the boys' sayings in a while. I like doing this so I can look back one day and remember the kinds of things they said. I'm guessing I might need a reminder of why I thought they were so cute when they're teenagers. Am I right?

  • While looking at picture books, sometimes instead of just saying what each picture is, we play an "I spy" game. If we're looking at the zoo page, I'll say something like, "I spy something green with sharp teeth." Then they can guess it's the alligator. Or on the beach page I might say, "I spy something that's cold and you can eat it." They guess the ice cream. Coleman on the other hand will say, "OK, this one's gonna be hard. I spy something really tiny. You can't even see it. That's my only clue!"
  • This morning Spence wanted a cookie for breakfast. I said, "We don't eat cookies for breakfast." Spence looked at me with a sad little face, and in a voice that sounded as though I had betrayed him said, "Why, Mommy? Why?"
  • At the childcare center at the gym today there was a lady doing face painting. I asked Coleman why he didn't get his face painted. He said, "I was going to get a Yoda face, but I thought you'd laugh at me."
  • This one isn't anything the boys said, but something that happened yesterday that I found extremely odd. I was woken up from my Sunday afternoon nap by a boy scout at my door selling fertilizer. Fertilizer, really? Do they know the girl scouts are out there selling cookies? Just in case you're wondering, I declined buying any fertilizer. I am, however, waiting for several boxes of Thin Mints.

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Mmm, Thin Mints!

I need to do more of writing down things Paul David says...I said I was going to do that! Hopefully, this will encourage me!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Boy Scouts sell fertilizer. I would call the area council and ask about that one. Maybe it was someone from that show "Game Show in your Head."
they do crazy things.
My boys would NEVER get their faces painted either.. NEVER.
I guess it is a girl thing.
Oh ma ma give Spence a cookie.
*_* T-4

Rita said...

YOu'll love looking back on those cute words, I am positive....

Our boy scouts sell popcorn!!! It's a close call with the thin mints for Gale..

Dont children ever learn...we laugh with them...not at them!