Sunday, January 04, 2009

Thanks to Ike

And our insurance company! Due to storm damage we were able to get new siding, paint, and a new roof. Here are some pictures.

Our house was built in 1979, and it showed! The diagonal siding, a faded brown that was chipping, made all the angles stand out. Some of the siding was a cedar wood that was not in good shape.




Drum roll please...


The new siding is horizontal, so it helps deemphasize the angles. The paint is also a more neutral color that gives the house a little more curb appeal! The new roof also looks great!


Here you also get a good look at Coleman's new window (upstairs), our new master bath window (small one), and the master bed window Brian and my dad put in where the sliding glass door was before. They also put the back door in a while back, so all the windows and doors on the back of the house are new! We should so go on This Old House!


The bushes in front of the garage used to be fuller, but the siding guys had no regard for plant life! One day I was walking up and one of the guys was looking at me smiling while he rammed his ladder over and over into that small dark green bush. I'm guessing they don't have a landscaping business on the side (or maybe they do and they're hoping we call them soon).

6 comments:

Rita said...

LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul and Candice said...

Wow, the changes are amazing. Who knew diagonal vs. horizontal stripes could change so much. I can't wait to see all your changes in person!

Jennifer said...

I love the look of the house! As for the arm thing (I know you said not to speak of it, but I just read about it), I am always scared I am going to do that to EmmyKate. I make Scott stop anytime he starts to pick her up by her arm!

The Beasley's said...

Your house does look so great! This is Amy from the LA Tech blog post :) My husband, Josh, and I graduated in March 2004. We were both in the computer field (CIS to be exact) so we spent a majority of our life in the CAB building. Do ya'll go back for games and such? Josh is pretty die hard about anything Tech football related, so we make it back quite a bit, and man oh man, if there haven't been so many changes even since we left. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks NICE !
T-4

Anonymous said...

very nice indeed!