Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Quote from Esther

"When we trust our lives to the unseen but ever-present God, He will write our lives into His story and every last one of them will turn out to be a great read. With a grand ending." Beth Moore

I've been studying Beth Moore's Esther for several weeks now. The above was a quote from week one that caught my attention when I first read it, but I'm just now getting around to sharing it. In the book of Esther, God is never mentioned and we're never told how we might live the Christian life. But that doesn't mean the book of Esther has no meaning or relevance to our lives. There are many times, at least in my life, when I don't see God's hand or sense what He's doing, but He's still there. Just like He's there in Esther. Sometimes I feel like I'm just living day to day, going through mundane motions, not destined to make any difference. But that's not God's plan. If I trust Him, He will write me into His story like I could never imagine. I pray that we'll each trust Him to write us into His story as He sees fit.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, and usually it is just so much better than we could have imagined!! I heard Beth Moore is going to be around here sometime on the radio...I would love to hear her speak?? Have you ever??