Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Remember When You Dislocated My Elbow, Mom?

I'm getting my revenge.

Yours truly,
Spence


Why did I not get around to putting that door knob cover on the pantry door? If only I hadn't put that off, I would not have spent an hour last night cleaning the kitchen floor.

Spence, who has mastered the art of opening doors, was being a little too quiet in the kitchen last night. As I walked into the kitchen, I wasn't sure what I was seeing. It didn't take long to realize that he had found an open bag of powdered sugar. It was originally not almost empty. It's less than half full now.



Coleman was the first to find a broom and start "cleaning." As we swept, powdered sugar filled the air. You could taste it! It was like I was having dessert while I cleaned. Of course I was wearing black pants. You can only imagine. And I've also come up with a new saying. Instead of "sticking to something like white on rice," it's now "sticking to something like powdered sugar on grout." Let me tell you, powdered sugar is not easily removed from tile grout. After mopping, the floor is mostly just a sticky mess. This morning Brian had his shoes on and stood in one spot for a few seconds. When he moved, you could hear his shoes ripping off the floor! Since we're having people over for Coleman's party Saturday, and there could be more incidents, I've decided not to mop again until Friday. Hopefully we can make it.




I didn't even take a picture of all the powdered sugar in the pantry because, well, to be honest, I don't want the inside of my pantry to be seen! The mini shop vac Brian got us for Christmas came in handy last night! It was a lot easier to transport to all the sugary piles I swept up than the big, heavy shop vac.

Gotta love this little guy! "Gimme some sugar!"

5 comments:

sheree said...

You guys make me feel so normal. Very cute; and I applaud you for not getting upset as I would have. You're a good role model.

Rita said...

Just where was Maestro to help too???

He looks so cute....hard to be too mad....and what a helper Coleman was...

I love the new table and chairs...

See ya soon!!!!

Paul and Candice said...

Oh, you poor, poor things! I wish I had some handy advice about getting it out of the grout, but I don't.
One day, you'll look back on it and have a good laugh!

Jennifer said...

Awww! But he looks so cute and innocent!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!
Oh my dear what a mess!
I am just so glad you were blessed with this grand gift and not me.
You are such a GOOD mommie!
Spence is so blessed to have you there to love him.
I probably would have screamed and turned my boys off to trying powdered sugar the rest of their lives. LOL
Mr. Clean to the rescue!
Coleman sweeping..
Spence covered with sugar...
How SWEET!
T-4