Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby No Name

The only thing I haven't liked about not finding out this baby's gender is not being able to know what his or her name will be. We have a girl name, but will we get to use it? We can't settle on a boy name, but will we even need it? Coming up with a name is seriously what I consider the most stressful part of having a baby! As a child, I always loved to name my dolls, Barbies, and paper dolls. I could sit for hours and come up with names I just loved to fit each doll. So I thought it would be so exciting to get to name my children. How wrong could I have been?!? I know there has to be a perfect name out there to fit our child if it is a boy, but we've yet to come across it. So I'm opening up this comment section for you to leave me your boy name suggestions! I know most of you think we're having a girl, but Pik family history points strongly toward "boy," so I don't want to be caught completely unprepared come June! Help me out! And FYI, Brian doesn't want to use any name that could be considered a girl name also. Can't wait to hear some suggestions!

10 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh I love names too! This will be fun! Give me a minute to think and I'll get back to you!

Jennifer said...

I love your girl name, but boy names are always harder for me too. Let me think and I will get back to you!

Jennifer said...

OKay, here are a couple I came up with:
Nathaniel (I like the nickname Nate)
Graham
Bennett

Jeani said...

What is the girl name?
I watch Craig Ferguson some nights. Yes, I know he can get gross sometimes, but he is funny.
He will hear a name like Susan and say "Isn't that a name that could be either a boy or girl" I think that is funny. But they do say that those with names like that or last names that sound like first names aren't as bright as others.
Can't say if it is true.
Whatever you pick will be perfect.
Just not Boston, Denver, or Milwaukee.
The last stupid movie I saw had 3 boys with names from the city they were born in. (or conceived) can't rem. HAHAHAH

Mrs. H said...

OK, so these aren't neccessarily my favorites, but thought I'd share things I've heard lately and ones that I love!

Landon
Landry
Crosby
Gavin
Callen "Cal"
Evan
Emerson
Elliot
Max
Carson
Cason
Sutton-I'm really like this one right now!
Grant
Everett
Shepherd "Shep"

Not sure if any of those are your taste! Good luck! I think it's a girl anyway ;)!

Jennifer said...

I love Sutton too! However, that is also EK's other cousin (who is a brother to Coleman). That would be easy for her to remember though!

Rita said...

You could name him Helena or Montana according to Jeani...ha ha ha

Names that go either gender, I agree with Brian, maybe cuz I am married to a Gale. It is so confusing to others dealing with us....Oh, Gail, she is my significant other!!! ha ha ha

Um....well, I stike out on boys names also..since Gale renamed Brent.."-)

SOmething to go with Pikkula...I dont like names that sounds like a food either...Graham ...cracker...ya know, the teasing...

Course, we still have Brad or Bradley as our favorite boys name ...

Coleman, Spence and ......and......???????????
I am no help.....

Rita said...

Oh. I do like Craig....
Coleman, Spence and Craig....Craig Pikkula....that's nice...

Paul and Candice said...

Leave it to me to read this before I went to bed last night...so guess what I was thinking about from 3-4 a.m.!!!! What to name this Pik baby if he's a boy????

I had thought of Grant and Bennett that others had suggested.

I had also thought of:
Brantley
Bradford
Keegan
Keenan
Barrett (that's Preston's middle name)
Owen (pretty popular right now)
Micah (one we comtemplated for our boy)
Baron
Cohen
Noah

Ethan, Ryan, Christopher were those names I said I'd NEVER name my child...from my teaching days! You know the kid!

I'll e-mail you as I think of others. Let us know when you've picked one!

Unknown said...

Our boy name is James, I like the traditional ones like James, Matthew, Andrew and Joshua. Of course Mark, Luke and John are also good names.