Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sandwich Survey

If you remember, Coleman likes to race Spence to see who can get buckled in the car first. Here's what Coleman said today after he won:

"Spence is a slow poke and I'm a fast poke!"

That's my favorite comment from today, and this is my favorite picture:

The ladies don't like smelly pits!

You'd never guess who I saw today at the gym. The girl I met at the car dealership yesterday! Isn't that neat? We didn't get to talk long, but hopefully I'll see her again. She'll probably be getting her car inspected tomorrow at the same place I'm going to.

My latest endeavor is to find the greatest sandwich out there. I've been chatting with my friends on Face Book about this today. Last week I fell in love with a sandwich at McAlister's. Today I cheated on McAlister's and now have a crush on Panera Bread. I used to like Earl of Sandwich, but apparently the little Pik in my belly doesn't. Jason's Deli is also a favorite (my long time readers know how dear the Ranchero wrap is to my heart). Several people have suggested I try Potbelly's. I feel I must. Any other suggestions? I know some of you don't live in my area and might not have the same restaurants. That's OK! I'd love to hear your favorite sandwich! I wonder if I could get 10 comments today on sandwiches?!?! That is, if anyone cares!

11 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

I think I may have suggested this one already, but my favorite at Panera Bread is the Turkey Artichoke Panini.

There's a place up here that has Chicken Salad to die for, so one time when you're up here, we'll have to go there!

Not much help, sorry.

Rita said...

Come try a French Dip at Staggering OX!!!!!(I am happy that you are not a Celiac!!!! )

Cute pix. Spence....you should smell good!!!!!

So Coleman is a fast poke...makes sense to me!!

thePiks said...

Rita, I'm ashamed that I forgot The Staggering Ox! One of my all time favorite places! I guess I have to block it out of my mind since I can't go there whenever I want.

I also thought of you not getting to eat sandwiches when I posted this. I would have to buy one of those $8 loaves of bread and carry it around to all my favorite sandwich shops!

Anonymous said...

I love all kinds of sandwiches -Panera is great, I also like Jersey Mikes or Lenny's subs. Of course, my memory doesn't work well so I can't remember any others right now. sheree

Anonymous said...

We love the Italian sandwich at Potbelly's!
Such a cute picture! I'll try to put that on my screen saver for a while. He's JUST so darn adorable!

Mrs. H said...

You know my favorite sandwich is the chicken salad on a cruisant at McAlisters...i love it!

But lately, I've been craving the chicken salad on cruisant from the WalMart Deli...I know crazy uh?

Jeani said...

I was reading your blog and Roz wanted to see it. When she saw you were going to have a baby she just lit up. I guess I hadn't told her yet. She says "I hope it is a girl". I said it sure would be but little boys are nice too. She agreed. Love you guys!!!!

Jennifer said...

I am not much of a sandwich person, but I do love Panera Bread's Chicken Salad sandwich!

Anonymous said...

When I'm sticking with my Weight Watchers diet, I like Quiznos small Honey Bourbon Chicken sub (6 points) or their Sammies. Also like McAlisters & Jasons Deli.
Sandy Brittain

Anonymous said...

Sandwich...
1. Onion sliced thin with butter on white bread.
2. Grill cheese slowly melted with butter on white bread.
3. BLT with crispy bacon.
Gotta go eat... you made me hungry!
Maybe I will go to Fire House Sub for a meatball sub!
T-4

Unknown said...

McAllisters is good, Cafe Express also has a couple good choices (best BLT if you like more B than LT). I also like the Quiznos, Potbelly and Firehouse subs for the warm sub varieties although Potbelly's does not have a kids menu. In Connnecticut I was in love with Atlanta Bread Company although have yet to find one near here (I keep trying). I also like Blimpie over subway but again they aren't around here.