Monday, March 02, 2009

Blessings At the Car Dealership

Isn't it amazing the little things God will do for us if we'll be open to Him? I'm so bad about keeping my head down and not noticing people around me. I've been praying lately for a deeper love for people. And my most favoritest song right now is Brandon Heath's "Give Me Your Eyes." It almost makes me cry every time I hear it, and it is my prayer.

click here to see the video for "Give Me Your Eyes"


Anyway, today the boys and I had to take the car to the Mazda dealership because Brian thought the power steering pump might be going out. Thankfully the power steering fluid just needed to be flushed, so it ended up costing about $500 less than we anticipated. Thank you Lord! That was a blessing, but the main blessing I got was meeting a sister in Christ! When she and her two little girls walked in I thought, "The play area sure is going to be crowded. And I hope Spence can keep his snot to himself!" Then as we were both sitting in the waiting area I felt the Holy Spirit reminding me of how I usually pass up opportunities to talk to people and invest time in them. I had brought my Esther Bible study and was starting that. Somehow we did start up a conversation and I found out that she lives pretty close to me. She was interested in getting into a MOPS group, but they were all filled. Then we started talking about our churches and Women's Bible study. I'm so excited that I might see her when we start our next Bible study in April! Isn't that like God to take something that I was dreading (spending hours waiting on my car to be serviced) and turn it into something that was such a blessing! I pray that each of you will see God's blessings today also - in the big or just the small.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers.
Your blessing today was very special!
My blessing today. Jesus took George Kadzis home today. He was the father of our family on the Extreme Home Make Over we worked on last week.George had brain cancer and was very sick.
Blessings don't always come as we expect.
Thanks Amanda!
T-4

Anonymous said...

I loved the video!
T-4

Rita said...

I like the song....and your willing spirit...yes, the Spirit is with us all the time....why do we often not feel or respond to it??

Glad you had a good day and met a new friend!!

Anonymous said...

See, I knew God would give us some opportunities this week! Way to go, Amanda.