Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Prayer for Kristen's Family

Today I will be going to the memorial service for Kristen, the four month old who passed away last week. Please join me in praying for the Reed family.

Dear Jesus,
May Your presence be felt today. I fail to see Your plan through the suffering of this family, but I know that Your ways and Your thoughts are not my own, they are so much higher (Isaiah 55:8-9). As tears stream down my face and grief fills my heart, I call to You for comfort for Kristen's family. As they are surrounded by friends and family today, may they feel even more surrounded by Your love, comfort, and grace. I know they do not understand why this tragedy has come to them. I can only pray that You will fill any and all holes left behind. I want so desperately to let You be seen through me today. I fear that in my humanness, I will fail. I am weak, but You tell me that Your power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor. 12:9). I don't know what words to speak, but You say that Your Spirit will intercede when I'm at a loss (Rom. 8:26). May my words be few, but my actions show Your boundless love and concern. You alone are Holy God. Blessed be Your Name. Amen.

6 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Many prayers. Be with them, Lord.

Anonymous said...

Amen, sheree

Anonymous said...

amen.

Rita said...

Hold them close, dear Lord..today and all the tomorrows. They will need you first and then wonderful friends you place in their lives...

Jeani said...

Count on 2 from our house. Talk to you soon. Don't have your email address.

Anonymous said...

Amen. What a beautiful prayer and so fitting.