Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring for SIDS


My mom's group, First Colony Moms, is sponsoring a team in honor of Kristen Clarke Reed, the 4 month old daughter of our friend, Erin Reed, who passed away March 6, 2009 from SIDS. We are trying to raise money for The American SIDS foundation, which is dedicated to the prevention of sudden infant death syndrome and the promotion of infant health through research, education and family support. You can donate online ($20 minimum) by clicking here. Put 'First Colony Moms' in the space that says "Team or Baby's name donation is in honor of:". If you would like to make a smaller donation, I will be selling "Spring for SIDS" stickers for $5. You can give me or send me the money and I'll send you the sticker. Spring for SIDS Day is April 24th. Thanks for helping to honor little Kristen's memory.

9 comments:

Rita said...

Wonderful idea....

Our friends Nick and Sara that had a baby while they lived here that died of SIDS called us last night...they are doing good and have a 5 mo old new little one called Jacob...!! God is good...

Rita said...

I tried the website and it wouldn't come up?? I also did my first random act of kindness...I gave an Easter basket that we won the silent auction on to a little boy at church...he was so delighted!!! It was so fun...

Anonymous said...

I hope that you'll consider donating to the CJ Foundation for SIDS. They are the number one funder of research projects for SIDS and the number one funder of state and local programs to support bereaved families and to educate new parents on Safe Sleep techniques. www.cjsids.com

thePiks said...

OK, hopefully the link will work now. Thanks for letting me know Rita!

Anonymous said...

First act of kindness.
I cleaned the faculty coffee pot today... it really is clean now.
and the coffee was so much better.
T-4

Rita said...

The link worked!! thanks..

Anonymous said...

I emailed you my first random act of kindness. I didn't want to take up a lot of space on your blog.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Save a sticker for me. Mom

Rita said...

My 2nd and 3rd acts...

I made some homemade chicken noodle soup for an elderly widower .....


I gave the gal at Hardies an extra $10.00 to help pay the supper of 2 soldiers in line behind me without them knowing it...(got this one from my generous dear son)!!