Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He Says What's On His Mind

He's at it again! Speaking his mind, making me laugh!

While pointing at my belly and talking to a friend at Bible study, Coleman said, "Hey, Preston. That big lump is the baby."

Tomorrow we have four college guys staying over night with us. They are part of a choir from Baylor College that will be performing a concert at our church. As we came in from Bible study, I was thinking out loud, wondering what I needed to get done to prepare for them.

Mommy: What do I need to do today?
Coleman: I suppose you need to vacuum.

I suppose if a 4 year old thinks the floor needs vacuuming, it probably does!

And, this is really sad, but let me tell you one of the highlights of my day so far. I noticed Spence had a poopy diaper as I was buckling him in the car to leave for Bible study, so I just dropped him off in his class and let them know he was dirty. I didn't have to change it! This was such a treat because he always saves his poopies for Mommy! Of course Bible study was a highlight also, but not having to change a dirty diaper really made me smile.

And since this is just a mish mash of occurrences, let me go ahead and tell you about the flowers I got yesterday. I came home and there was a box of fresh flowers on my doorstep. I wondered Who would be sending me flowers? The card read, "Thanks for lending me your man." Whoa!!! That didn't sound right, but luckily I recognized the name within the next second or two. They were from Brian's boss. I guess he felt guilty about Brian's long hours for the last few weeks. Isn't that sweet? I figured it's not often that I get flowers from another man, so I might as well have a little fun with Brian. After all, he's played a practical joke or two on me. I made a new card for the flowers that read: I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you. Meet me Thursday for lunch at Taste of Texas." My intention was for Brian to think that I thought the flowers were from him, but he would wonder who in the world they could be from. Apparently his boss had told Brian he was thinking of sending me flowers, so poor Brian thought his boss sent me flowers on his behalf. I don't think he knew what to think! I didn't wait long to show him the real card, and we had a laugh. Anyway, I love having fresh flowers in the house, but it's not something I splurge on very often. I'll enjoy them while they last!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Love to hear your daily life stories....

Anonymous said...

Yes that lump is a baby *_*!
No you do not need to vaccume it looks just fine!
I am about to buy diapers for my 2 little visitors coming next week.
I think I will let mom & dad do the changing! *_*.
Flowers are such a treat enjoy them!

T-4