Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Monday

Coleman and Spence were invited to a birthday party today at Chuck E. Cheese. It was so nice to be there on a Monday morning. No crowds! They had such a fun time! Before we left for the party I had Coleman sign the birthday card. I usually write out his name on a piece of paper and let him copy it, but today I just told him the letters and he wrote them. This is the best he's ever written his name. I was really impressed with the "m" and "n."



Spence playing air hockey

We love you, Chuck E!



This afternoon Spence found a tape measure and they played with it for quite a while. Then Coleman, who was in a creative mood, used it and his Easter basket to create a "crane lift." He enjoyed showing me how it worked. I know I'm his mommy, but I just love how his mind works. I definitely see that he has his Daddy's brains. He's very left-brained! I hope he gets a little of my right-brainedness also though.

Coleman's invention: the crane lift. He tied the measuring tape to the basket, then looped the tape over the banister.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice printing!
and what a creative boy!
he looks like he will be the inventor of the family!
T-4

Rita said...

Good job Coleman!!!

Spence..you look so sweet and grown up....

I think the boys will have the best of both of Mommy and Daddy's qualities!!

Jennifer said...

That is pretty smart for a little 4 year old!

Anonymous said...

My girls would NEVER get that close to chuck-e. (Well, maybe Callie would. She walks up to people she doesn't know and stares at them.)

Theresa

Paul and Candice said...

Wow, Coleman, you're name is awesome! There have been a lot of times you've written about things Coleman's done, and I've thought "that is so Amanda!" I'm pretty sure he's got some of your right brain, too!

We love Chuck E Cheese...Paul David has been asking to go soon!