Sunday, February 22, 2009

All Aboard!

Yesterday afternoon we took Spence on his first train ride. So it was just the Houston Metro Light Rail, but you have to start somewhere. The boys were so excited as they waited for the train. Coleman's arms were flapping with anticipation!


Waiting for the train to take us downtown!

It's gotta be here soon!

This is so exciting!

Spence says, "I loved my first train ride!"

We rode downtown, then went to an Italian restaurant. It turned out to be a little fancier than I thought it was going to be, but we were eating dinner at 5:15 so there were only a few other people there. The boys did great! I remember not long ago thinking we were never going to be able to go in public again because it was so hard to go places with the boys. They were all over the place and crazy. Now I laugh because we're finally at a stage where they can sit through a meal and it's even enjoyable and we're about to start all over again by adding another baby to the mix! Oh well, I'll settle for eating all my meals at home with my crazy bunch any day!

About 2 1/2 years ago we took Coleman on the light rail for his first train ride. It was a little less than a month before Spence was born, so Coleman was 21 months old. Here are a few pictures.


It's so neat that he can now share these experiences with his little brother. They had the best time together. I guess in another two years we'll do it all again!

8 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Wow everyone is going on train rides lately! We are behind! Better get busy if we are going to catch up!

Amanda you look great! Your belly is tiny!

Rita said...

Great family times...they look like they had fun!!!!

It won't be long and the baby will be fitting right in....

Does Coleman rem his first train ride?? Nice to see the pictures..

Anonymous said...

What fun.. and the boys look so grown up.. and excited !
The baby is growing.... *_*
What a nice family day!
T-4

Anonymous said...

Amanda you look so beautiful.
In fact you look radiant!
What a wonderful day.

Paul and Candice said...

I so thought I'd posted a comment on this post...I must have posted in my dream:)

Anyway, that looks like so much fun! It was funny to me that you're pregnant both times!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.