Sunday, February 08, 2009

Uh Oh, He Has a Plan

Tonight I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready and Brian was in the garage with the boys. Coleman came running in.

Coleman: Mommy, I know what we can name the baby if it's a boy!
Mommy: (with an uneasy feeling) What?
Coleman: Major!
Mommy: Did your Daddy send you in here to tell me that? You tell him N-O no!

Then he ran back outside. I went in the garage to tell Brian to stop recruiting our children to persuade me to name my sweet baby such a ridiculous name. Coleman told me I had to go back in the kitchen so he could talk to Daddy. Later, after the boys were in bed, Brian was telling me about their secret conversation.

Coleman: I have a plan. We'll name the baby Major when Mommy's not around.
Daddy: What happens when she comes around?
Coleman: We'll hide him from her.

In case you're new to our lives, Brian has tried with each of our children to have me agree to the name Major. I've been against it from the beginning. Now they're ganging up on me! My resolve will not wane though! Unless one of our kids joins the Army, there will be no Major Pik!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhaaaa
That is so funny!
I like Major Pikkula
That's one more voet!
LOL

I am just kidding. *_*
T-4

Rita said...

Hang tough. Princess Mom..... and stick to your guns!!!!! (No pun, really, guns....Major.....yada, yada, yada.......

Paul and Candice said...

Funny stuff. Krystal was asking about your names the other day, and I said that Brian wants to name the boy Major. Her response was well, what if he joins the Army one day, he'd be "Major Major Pik"!

Cute story for the baby book though!

Jennifer said...

I completely agree with you! Every time you said the name I would think of King of Queens!

Jeani said...

Rhonda wanted to name Rick "Peter".
Not a bad name but combined with his father's name it was a bad choice. Ask Brian or Rita what his name is. XOXOXO