Friday, February 27, 2009

They're Just So Darn Sweet

Even if you've got a meal planned, you never turn down an invitation to go out to dinner! This morning Brian called and asked if we wanted to go out tonight. Of course, even though he admitted to suggesting it because he felt guilty about having to work late. So we went to a little locally owned Mexican food place that's right around the corner from our house. It was really good! Sometimes I get so stuck in going to chain restaurants that I forget about Mom & Pop places.

The boys were doing so good eating chips and talking quietly. The couple that was at the table next to us finished their meal and got up to leave. The woman came over to our table and commented how good our children were and how that reflected well on us. What a compliment! Especially when you have two rambunctious boys! It made my night.

Coleman has also started saying the prayer at meal time. Then today when Nana was leaving, he said, "Let's say a prayer for Nana that she doesn't crash her car or get a flat tire." We all sat on the couch and he said the prayer. It was so sweet! Mom talked to me later and said his prayer was answered. She hadn't crashed or had a flat, but next time she would give him a diagram of the car and have him pray for each part! Somewhere along the way home she started having car trouble and when she stopped, the car died. My dad had to come pick her up! Imagine what might have happened had Coleman not interceded on her behalf!

So my boys are getting to be so sweet. Even if they have moody moments, they're my favorite little boys in the world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coleman listened to Jesus
and said a prayer immediately!
We learn so much from children.

Keep up the good work boys
mommie & daddy like to go
out to eat too!
I LOVE YOUR NEW BACKGROUND
for the blog!
T-4

Paul and Candice said...

Great stories! I want to be that lady that tells parents what a great job they're doing...I say it in my head, but don't usually say it out loud to the person! It really makes a difference!

So, maybe I'm going to start sending my prayer requests Coleman's way...must be one of his spiritual gifts...sweet boy! You and Brian are such good examples of Christian parents:)

Anonymous said...

aww this is awesome.
:)

Rita said...

OXOXOXO to all

Nice to hear you had good time and Coleman is aware of being one of His children!!

Rita said...

Oh yea..Nice new look!!