Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Mind's On Food

For all of you who are wondering, "What will those Piks be eating this week?"

Thursday - Taco ring, Mexican rice
Friday - BBQ sausage, twice baked potatoes, green beans, French bread
Saturday - Chicken Caesar salad, cooked carrots, French bread
Sunday - Halfway homemade pizza (store bought crust)
Monday - French's crunchy onion chicken nuggets, Mac-n-cheese, cooked carrots
Tuesday - Catalina taco salad, fritos
Wednesday - Leftovers, raid the freezer, or eat out

Last week I succeeded again in making everything on my menu! I even have some BBQ pork in the freezer for another meal. It was sooooooo good. If any of you make it, let me know what you think. I enjoyed the Corky's sauce so much that I put another BBQ dinner on this week's menu.

This baby seriously can't get enough food. Last night I had dinner before 6:00 and around 8:30 Brian mentioned he had a Firehouse Sub for lunch. I think it crossed my mind to actually get in my car and drive 20 minutes, paying the tolls and all, and get myself a Firehouse Sub! I fought the urge and had an orange. Speaking of oranges, since I singlehandedly finished off 13 pounds of oranges in the past two weeks I decided to go with some different fruit this week. I bought grapes and strawberries. If only they would put those delectable little raspberries on sale soon. I just can't bring myself to pay $3.50 for a handful of them! Well, enough about food. Sorry if you were hoping for something a little more interesting today. Seems I have a one track mind!

2 comments:

Sandy Brittain said...

Your church family at Morton is praying for Coleman and the family.
Everything's going to be alright (ha) famous words of an old HISD administrator.

Mrs. H said...

Amanda just wanted you to know that I've talked to Candice and I am praying for y'all!