Saturday, February 07, 2009

Recipes

Several of you wanted some of the recipes from this week's menu. Here are the recipes for IHOP pancakes and Shredded Apricot Pork.

IHOP Pancakes

1 c all purpose flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 c whole milk
1/4 c oil
1 egg

Combine the dry and liquid ingredients separately. Slowly whisk together until just mixed. Heat skillet over medium heat. Use 1/4 c batter for each pancake.

I think this makes about 10 to 14 pancakes. They are really good with whole milk, but sometimes I just use whatever milk we have and they are still good. I also like to add chocolate chips!

Shredded Apricot Pork

4 lb pork roast, trimmed of fat
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c BBQ sauce
1/4 c cider vinegar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t red pepper flakes (I usually don't have this, but today I put in ground red pepper)

Combine last 6 ingredients in small bowl. Pour over roast. Cook on low 8-9 hours in crock pot. Remove meat and onions and shred with forks.

This is a sauce to pour over it, but I'm not a big ginger fan, so I never do it. I usually just pour some more BBQ sauce on it.
2 T cornstarch
1 T ginger
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/4 c cold water
Combine with liquid from meat and cook in saucepan until thickened. Combine with meat.

This is great on toasted buns. Also, I never buy a 4 lb roast, so I usually just half all the ingredients for my smaller roast. This still leaves enough to freeze for another meal or two. Rita gave me this recipe and I use it often. Thanks Rita! And thanks for the Corky's BBQ sauce. I can't wait for dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Rita said...

You are welcome!!! glad you enjoy it...