Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food, More Food, and Puppet Shows

Coleman went back to see the surgeon Wednesday and everything looks good! When we walked into the waiting room and checked in, they gave us a buzzer like restaurants use. When it was our turn to go back, the buzzer lit up and then started vibrating. I was disappointed when there wasn't a basket of bread and a menu waiting for us when we got to the exam room! I guess that's an efficient way doing it though. Strange, but it worked.

Since I obviously have an active obsession with food right now, let me tell you about my newest love... McAlister's Deli. Oh my word they have the most amazing sandwiches! I'm way more excited than I should be that we're going there for dinner tonight. And speaking of dinner, this week's menu:

Thursday - McAlister's Deli
Friday - Nacho casserole, Mexican rice
Saturday - Dinner with friends (I'm taking a chocolate chip pie if I don't eat all the chocolate chips by then)
Sunday - French toast, bacon, eggs
Monday - Cheesy chicken and rice casserole, green beans, rolls
Tuesday - Taco ring, Mexican rice
Wednesday - French's chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese

OK, I'm done with the food talk. Coleman made a puppet at school Tuesday, so he wanted to make one for Daddy and put on a puppet show. Nana is visiting, so we decided to all make puppets. Coleman and Daddy put on the first show, then Mommy and Nana put on the second show. Spence provided the background music. Before Coleman started his show, he saw a bug flying around the living room and yelled, "There's a bug in the audience!"

Coleman and Daddy putting on their show. Coleman named his puppet Mr. Frame.

Spence playing music for the show

And since I haven't posed for a picture in a while....

23 weeks (we may have to get a wider lens by June)

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Look how cute you are! My mom loves McAlister's Deli, too. I don't think we have one close by. My new addiction in sandwiches is the Turkey Artichoke Paninni at Panera Bread!

Your menu has been inspiring me to make out my menu more. It sure does help!

Rita said...

Puppet shows are great....do he try to disguise his voice?? And Spence is helping!!!

You are growing!!

I found a wonderful receipe for Mac and Cheese....much yummy..

Jennifer said...

You are too cute! Can't wait to see all of y'all on Saturday for dinner and I am looking forward to that chocolate chip pie!