Wednesday, February 04, 2009

This Week's Menu

Seems I've been contemplating this week's menu for hours now! I know it hasn't been, but I'm pooped and just want to go to bed! Here's what I came up with for this week. The boys will probably only eat about 1/2 of these meals. That just leaves more for me, and for leftovers! This week's fresh fruit will be oranges (Kroger has 8 lb bag for 3.99 again and they were yumolicious last week) and bananas.

Thursday - Chicken Spaghetti (the recipe I like just has spaghetti, chicken, onion, bell pepper, and velveeta), green beans, french bread, fruit

Friday - Apricot BBQ Pork sandwiches (this one's goooood, so let me know if you're interested. And I'm doubly excited because I'll be making it with the Corky's BBQ sauce Rita picked up on her latest layover in Memphis), potatoes, fruit

Saturday - I deserve a break today!!!

Sunday - Shepherd's pie, fried okra (saw this in the freezer section and couldn't pass it up), Texas toast

Monday - Orange Chicken, crockpot mac-n-cheese, something green, fruit

Tuesday - IHOP pancakes (these are so easy and really good; just google IHOP pancake recipe or I'll post it if you ask), bacon, eggs

Wednesday - leftovers

And in case you were wondering, I made everything from last week's menu! We didn't have leftovers though because Mom came last weekend and Brian and I went out on a date Saturday night. We had fun and yummy food at Saltgrass Steak House. It really does help me to plan out meals for the week and buy all the ingredients in one trip (well, it usually involves stops at two grocery stores to get all the deals). My grocery bill seems high, but we're saving by not eating out as much or making extra stops to grab a few items. Hope your meals are going well too!

Oh, have you heard the one about the pregnant lady, the stubborn 2 year old, and the Chick-Fil-A play area? Maybe tomorrow I'll have enough energy to tell you about it.

5 comments:

Rita said...

It's fun to hear see your menu...gives me some ideas!!

Stubborn 2 year old??? Sweet little Spence...or someother 2 yr old??

Well....just dont tell me you are having 8!!! Poor babies...no daddy...and with the 6 others...and with Grandma in a 3 bedroom home...at least you have enough bedrooms..tee hee

Rita said...

It's fun to hear see your menu...gives me some ideas!!

Stubborn 2 year old??? Sweet little Spence...or someother 2 yr old??

Well....just dont tell me you are having 8!!! Poor babies...no daddy...and with the 6 others...and with Grandma in a 3 bedroom home...at least you have enough bedrooms..tee hee

Jennifer said...

Email me the Apricot BBQ Pork Sandwiches recipe, please. I can't ever seem to find a good recipe for pulled pork sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

I would love it if you would post the IHOP pancake recipe.
Hungry for pancakes tonight.
You bring back memories I used to do meal planning for the month.

T-4

sheree said...

Great menu - I'd like the Pork recipe also. I'll post some of my more recent meals - but I haven't sat down to plan lately.