Friday, February 06, 2009

As Promised, the Chick-Fil-A Ordeal

Dear Unborn Baby,
Wednesday you went in the play structure at Chick-Fil-A for the first time! I was not planning on letting you go in there so soon, but I really had no choice. Your brother Spence refused to come out on his own or allow your brother Coleman to help him down. I put off the inevitable for about 20 minutes, but eventually headed up. I know you could not see the inside of the play structure, so let me just tell you I was about as cozy in there as you are in my tummy. The twists and turns and little bodies zooming past me were about more than I could bare. You might be the first child in utero to climb in there! Probably because other pregnant mommies have the sense to ask another more able-bodied adult to go on the rescue mission. In case you didn't catch this part, I even tried to coax your brother down by bribing him with ice cream. I'll admit bribery is a common tactic in our household. You'll find out soon enough. Apparently your brother did not believe me, because even though he was told he would not get ice cream if Mommy had to climb up there, he refused to come down. It was a sad scene on the way home, and I'm sure you heard the screams of, "Spencey want ice cream!!!" as we drove away from Chick-Fil-A. Coleman apparently didn't feel the least bit sorry for him because he licked his ice cream bowl clean! So, I hope you enjoyed your first trip up the play structure at Chick-Fil-A. Hopefully it will be your last until you're able to go up on your own!

Love, Mommy

Yes, I let Coleman eat his ice cream in front of Spence. Do you think 2 year olds understand spite? Boy was I mad. And I was not laughing at the moment, but I am now!

As for the menu, I FORGOT TO PUT MY PORK ROAST IN THE CROCK POT TODAY! I realized this at 2:00, and figured 4 hours wasn't enough time. I'm really bummed because I was so looking forward to BBQ sandwiches for dinner. Looks like I may get my cooking break tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely hillarious...wish someone would have videoed the "ordeal"

I want the pork recipe!

Anonymous said...

oops...this is too new for me.

Paul and Candice said...

That was hysterical! I can so see it happening! I'm betting the baby enjoyed it, too! Did baby get ice cream for his/her efforts???

Paul and Candice said...

That was hysterical! I can so see it happening! I'm betting the baby enjoyed it, too! Did baby get ice cream for his/her efforts???

Rita said...

I can just see you.....I am trying not to smile to much.....No ice cream...that's a lesson for sure!!

Once, I remembered to put the roast in the crock pot....but I forget to turn it ON....da......then after it had been sitting out all day , I had to throw it out....

Jeani said...

This whole scene made me rem one with Rita and Rhonda at a carnival.
We went in a crazy house and Rita couldn't get out. She drew a crowd watching her spin around in the giant tumbler. Crawling up and falling down again on her knees. Over and over and over. :)

Jennifer said...

I am just now going back and reading this story. That is too funny! I don't look forward to the day when I have to crawl in after EK!