Friday, February 20, 2009

My Afternoon of Shopping

You know how it goes. You want to find a great new pair of shoes and you're willing to spend a little money, but you can't find anything worth buying! After the disappointment that was DSW, I ended up at the mall, and before I knew it I was browsing through all the children's stores looking for baby clothes! I realized I hadn't bought anything for this baby yet and it's killing me! I was going to buy a girl outfit and a boy outfit to take to the hospital so the baby would have something to wear home, but I couldn't find anything that I fell in love with. But oh, now I have the bug to buy, buy, buy! Gee, I hope Brian isn't reading this! The lady in Gymboree actually had the nerve to tell me I could buy something "neutral" for the baby to wear! I'm totally OK with babies, even my babies, wearing green or yellow. But I was shopping for a "going home from the hospital outfit." You better believe if I take a little girl home with me, everyone is going to know she's a girl by the insane amount of pink she has on!!! And I'm still not sold on the idea of a girl (like it's up to me!), but oh the clothes. It's just not fair how many adorable girl things are out there, and the lack of cute boy things. I've had over 4 years to become bitter about this, so please excuse me.

Anyway, I guess now the search for the perfect summer shoe and the perfect baby girl outfit and baby boy outfit is ON! I did however get some new clothes today. A fellow Louisiana Tech alumni found my blog and realized we live in the same area! She offered to let me borrow her maternity clothes. Thanks Rachel! I just dug through the bag and I'm so excited! Now I have more money to spend on shoes! I'm beginning to sound obsessed...

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

That's the way it always works when you have money to spend!

I agree if it is girl you have to have pink, pink, pink! AND I totally agree that there are not enough cute boy things! But hey atleast having boys you might save a little money right?

Jeani said...

You should have seen the boy clothes 35 years ago. Also, the maternity clothes. UGH!!! Style has come a long way.

Anonymous said...

Boys get all the cool toys though. If you have a girl that doesn't play with dolls, you're out of luck.

Theresa

Rita said...

Little boys are so darling and cute they don't need to "doll" up...

but I hear ya....
I see these little sundresses and oh my....they are cute!!

Good luck in the shoe search....
Glad you have some new maternity clothes to wear....hope you feel beautiful in them!!

Jennifer said...

You could always try Janie and Jack for an outfit. They are a little pricy (and I have never actually bought anything from there), but they have really cute stuff!