Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finding Comfort in Food and Shoes

Thursday - McDonalds (Coleman hasn't had this since his surgery, and Brian has basketball practice tonight)
Friday - Spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce, salad, garlic bread
Saturday - BBQ pork sandwiches and oven fries (or possibly eating out)
Sunday - Homemade pizza (my half margherita, Brian's half pepperoni), salad
Monday - Shepherd's pie, broccoli and rice
Tuesday - French's chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese (this is what got knocked off the menu last week since we had the surprise surgery)
Wednesday- Leftovers

I get so hungry when I make out my menu! I want to go make my fresh tomato spaghetti sauce right now, but Brian gets home late on Thursday nights, so I decided to take the boys out tonight. I am doubly excited to make it because Kroger had Roma tomatoes on sale for $.99 lb. I even bought some fresh basil to use for the sauce and for my margherita pizza. Yummmmm. It doesn't take much to excite me!

With all the recent events and being couped up in the house a little more than usual, I've been a little down in the dumps. The boys are at school today, despite some protests from Coleman, so I am going to do something to make myself feel better. I'm going shoe shopping! I can't wait to see what Spring shoes are out. DSW, here I come! Now I just have to find someone to clip and paint my toenails... I'm not sure I can reach them.


By the way, did you all see that a PR rep for qubo left me a reply yesterday? Hello? Any DSW reps out there? Could you please read this today and send some coupons?

3 comments:

Rita said...

Lottsa luck in getting free coupons for shoes!! Although Brent once wrote to a candy company how good and "cheap" there candy was and he got tons of free coupons from them..

I call inquiring if their item is gluten free and get lots of coupons also.....

So my next inquiry and compliment is to makers of fine leather bags...

Hope you got cheered up on your outing!!

Brent said...

I got 2 bags of candy! I still remember playing with my GI Joe helicopter and getting that package. Think I could still pass for a 7 year old with my sloppy handwriting?

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your search for the perfect stylish shoe - hope they're comfortable and don't hurt your feet. So glad Coleman is getting better. You are in our thoughts & prayers. Sandy