Monday, December 17, 2007

Bread of Life

I am so excited! My Mom has written today's Jesus Blog. Thanks Mom.

BREAD OF LIFE

I am a lover of bread. Give me several Mary B's yeast rolls and I can be filled. They rise beautifully, they are golden brown on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. Um-m-m. My mouth is watering. If not for Mary B's, I would have to make the bread myself. It may be pretty and golden brown on the outside, but the inside would be imperfect. First of all, I would not have the purest ingredients, I wouldn't have the perfect mixing technique, I wouldn't have the exact perfect timing, and my oven would not be the exact perfect temperature. The eye may be pleased with the appearance, but the taste buds would not be stimulated to their fullest.
There is no doubt that what I put into my life and how I try to mix it up and plan it is severely lacking. Likewise, Mary B's rolls expire. They are not foolproof. Neither of these give me the nutrients that I need for a healthy life.
In John 6:35, "Jesus declared, I am The Bread of Life. He who comes to me will never go hungry..." Jesus is the all purity and He knows exactly how to mix the things of my life to perfection. He times everything perfectly. He even gives me time in the fire to make me rise according to his recipe. Jesus is my Bread. He gives me complete satisfaction and all the nourishment that I need. Psalms 34:8 says, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."

Thank you so much for sharing with us, Mom. Several days ago I posted some pictures of the boys and had you guess who was who. Here are the answers: Coleman, Spence, Spence, Coleman. Many of you got it right! Good job! (Not sure what's going on with the font today. I'll see if I can fix it later.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.

I love these December posts.

Rita said...

I will ditto Rhonda's remarks...

Jennifer said...

To answer your question about wearing a firetruck shirt, I think that would be too cute on Coleman. You might as well do it while you still have some control over his wardrobe.