Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Jesus Blog


A friend of mine wrote on her blog about a Christmas tradition that she came across and loved so much that she is starting this year. It is called The Jesus Tree. You choose 25 names of Jesus, write them on ornaments, and starting on December 1st, hang one on the tree every day up to Christmas. Each day when you hang the ornament, you read the corresponding scripture and talk about it. I thought I was a little behind to try to get all this together for this year, so instead I decided to do The Jesus Blog. I went to a website that gives 100 names of Jesus and chose 25. Each day up to Christmas I will be sharing with you a name of Jesus and a scripture. I hope that you will be blessed! We serve an amazing God, who gave His Only Son for sinners such as us. I hope that this will become a standing tradition with my family. I am so looking forward to daily exploring a different name of Jesus. Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing this idea. And next year, hopefully I will have a Jesus tree in my home also.

Here is today's name of Jesus.

Firstborn Over All Creation

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col. 1:15

At Christmas we celebrate His birth, but we must remember that He has always been! That's one of those thoughts that makes my small mind spin. Jesus willingly stepped away from His Father in Heaven to come live among us on this sinful earth. Thank you Jesus for Your sacrifice.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Awesome...we will be blessed...thank you, Amanda!

Anonymous said...

Well this is very nice !
I look forward to reading your choices all 25 of them.
I really appreciate your taking the time to share these with us!
Helping 30 little ones prepare for Christmas is a time consuming event.
I don't have time to do the research I do appreciate you doing all the work and sharing it with us!
Thank you!!!
T-4

Jennifer said...

Am so glad you liked the idea. I will definately bring you a sample of mine on Sunday (or Friday). It was too easy to make!!

Jennifer said...

I just read your comment on my blog about the Andes Mint cookies. You are right, you can never go wrong with those candies. I am sure they are going to be yummy!