Sunday, December 23, 2007

Up On the Rooftop Tonight?

What a fun day we had with Nana and Poppa! We went to church and then had lunch at Jason's Deli. That was Coleman's request. Before we got our food he was talking and singing. A lady at another table looked over several times, maybe a little annoyed. I didn't think Coleman was being obnoxious, but I asked him to use his inside voice. I thought of telling her what flight we'd be on Tuesday morning in case she too was flying and would want to change her plans!

Coleman is really into singing right now. I've noticed that he makes up songs to tell what he's doing sometimes. Today Brian and I took him to Wal-Mart with us while Spence was napping so he wouldn't drive my parents crazy asking to open presents. He started singing, "We're not going to Montana, just Wal-Mart!" Jingle Bells is another favorite of his. He sings it at the top of his lungs. Hopefully he will not try to entertain the entire plane on Christmas Day.

Santa is coming to our house tonight! We worked out a deal with him since we will be getting up really early on Christmas morning to fly to Montana. What a great guy! We opened all of our non-Santa gifts today so we would not be completely overloaded tomorrow morning. The boys got some clothes and lots of toys. Coleman really likes his new big rig and his new tool set to go with the workbench. Spence got a Little People airplane and enjoyed playing with that. We finally have cold weather too!

After opening presents and eating dinner, Coleman helped make brownies to celebrate Jesus' birthday. Yes, we had birthday brownies with a Cars candle for Jesus.

Today's name of Jesus is:

Eternal Life

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20

How right it seems to stop and ponder these things in the midst of the manger story. Maybe it seems out of place for some, but this is who Jesus is: Life. Eternal Life. What would be special about Christmas if it would have ended there in Bethlehem? Here is a song we've been singing this season at church that I would like to share:

Make my life a Bethlehem, a manger of my heart
Let me hear the angels sing and let the music start
May I fall in simple faith and wonder to my knees
In the manger of my heart let Christ be born in me

(by Pamela Martin and Craig Courtney, Beckenhorst Press)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing... totally amazing
And the beat goes on.
Eternity
We are eternally greatful for your blogs this December!
You will be blessed beyond your imagination. Because you did it for him. Thanks T-4

Have a safe, fun, trip!

Rita said...

Oh... I love that song...and so look forward to hearing Coleman sing...sing...

Glad you had a good day...See you soon!!!

Rita said...

love you