Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tidbits and Bits of Vegetables

Lamb of God

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29



I recently finished a Bible study about the Old Testament Tabernacle. I am so glad I did not live back then! I just can't imagine all of the animal sacrifice that had to be done. As we studied, I would think of the poor, innocent animals dying for people's sins. I don't think I could have watched. Jesus is an innocent Lamb that died for my sins. Unlike animal sacrifice that had to be done over and over, Jesus died once and for all humanity. I don't claim to understand God's ways, but I thank Him for His love, His mercy, His sacrifice. And I must add, He's the Risen Lamb of God!

This week, our gym is closed for renovations. The facility can't be older than 7 or 8 years. But I'm sure the new granite staircase, plasma TVs, and wallcoverings will speed up my weight loss. I'll let you know! (If you couldn't hear it, there was a hint of sarcasm in that statement.) I enjoy going to work out and having a fun, safe place to leave the boys (the gym has a wonderful childcare center). But one of the highlights of going to the gym is that I get to take a shower in peace! I can take my time, get dressed, put on makeup, and fix my hair without any interruptions. That's what I'll miss the most. So I'll warn you: Don't stop by our house this week. I may stink!

If you did stop by our house today, you would have seen Spence walking around with a green bean. I was sitting on the couch snapping green beans when he came by and took one. I watched him to make sure he wouldn't try to eat it, and he didn't. He just carried it with him all over the house! Eventually Maestro realized Spence was carrying around food and decided he would try to get it. It was Baby vs. Dog in the fight for the green bean. Spence held on tight, but Maestro was able to bite off a small piece. I guess Spence lost interest and dropped it somewhere. I haven't seen it in a while.

And, not that it's really a contest, but we have a winner! We received our first Christmas card today. It is an adorable picture of my friend Candice's little boy. How sweet! Thanks Candice!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Yes, the sacrifice is amazing...so perfect...who could of ever thought of it but God, the Almighty!!!!!

Well...maybe thats why I take my bath/shower at night....QUIET time...no, really it was because growing up with 2 parents. a Grandma and 2 sisters....someone had to use the bathroom at night..and it was me...never did shake the habit...

As for green beans...funny how Spsence wouldn't taste it, but will stick a piece of some non food item in his mouth..or does he? Most kids do..

Beautiful surroundings are a great way to think positive...??? Not so really...I go for a walk and look at the mountains and beautiful old homes in our neightborhood and come back and still want a candy bar...oh well..

Sherrie said...

Vegetables- I don't think to many kids like them! But both of my kids do like broccoli which is a miracle in it's own. I take my showers at night too. I find it peaceful and relaxing after the kids go to bed!
Love ya

Jeani said...

At this time of my life, I take my shower WHENEVER I WANT TO!!!