Sunday, December 02, 2007

Day Two of The Jesus Blog

Light of the World

When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Day two of The Jesus Blog. We live in such a dark world. There is godlessness, hatred, greed, and all kinds of evil around us. It can be downright depressing. Our only hope is Jesus. He is the light of the world! If we know Him and follow Him, we never have to walk in darkness again. He lives in us, and wants to shine His light through us. Did the song "This Little Light of Mine" just pop into your head too? I pray that we would shine for Him this Christmas season wherever we go. I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!

Now I have a problem I would like to share with you all. I think I have a sickness. I don't even know how to begin giving this sickness a name. It's too complicated. Here's the problem though. I have this need to capture everything the boys do on camera. That's not so bad in itself. But I want these pictures and videos to be perfect. I imagine them being dressed perfectly, hair nice and neat, doing the cute act on cue, and oh yes, all the toys in the background are picked up. I think, "Oh, look what Coleman is doing! I need to get the camera and record that. But no! He's wearing a t-shirt and diaper, there's chocolate on his face, his cars and Brian's and my shoes are all over the floor. So just forget it!" I need to get real!!! I have to remind myself that the boys are little, and they aren't going to pose nicely or always cooperate fully. And that's hard for someone with my sickness! I'm trying to change. It's pretty funny that the picture we chose to use for our Christmas card was one that Brian just happened to snap between poses. Maybe that should tell me that I need to stop trying to mold them into something they aren't and just let them be. Nah, that's too deep for today.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I have your sickness too. Especially about the toys being picked up. To cure it, a friend of mine said, "Cleaning with children in the house is like shoveling while it is still snowing." I know one day, I will laugh at the pictures, no matter how messy the house or Emily was.

Jeani said...

I think we get the message from somewhere that "to have everything look good is the ultimate goal"
children, house, people, places and things. That is impossible.
We do not live in magazines or have models for children or grandchildren. :) But everyday life is awesome. Capture it all you can. I love you!!! You are so darn sweet. Jeani

Rita said...

The phots that are dear to me when the boys were little were not the poised perfect ones...the ones with hair sticking up...dirty faces...yes, diapers..those are Mommy pictures....

A long time ago I heard a story about some Dad who was upset because the lawn was bare underneath the swings on their swing set....in his "perfect" lawn..His wife finally had had it and told him...in less than 10 years they will be gone and your lawn will be perfect again...and the house will be quiet ....and you will miss them terribly...so for now...enjoy the laughter of those messes....it's kids....
REm the only thing that is perfect is God's love for us....-")

Anonymous said...

Nicely written Jeani and Rita!

They were perfectly made by the creator so no picture of them is really imperfect!

I guess what you really want is to snap the memories and share them with everyone... their lives and achievements are such a miracle!
We do enjoy all that you share with us!
T-4