Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Answer Is At the Door

So, it's almost 3:00 and I haven't decided what to do for The Jesus Blog today. I'm sitting here looking at my list of names of Jesus that I printed out when I began this. Which one seems to jump out at me today? Oh, someone's at the door. Just a moment...

UPS just delivered a package. I think I know which name of Jesus I'll use today.

Deliverer

And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; He will turn godlessness away from Jacob..." Romans 11:26

I love when a package or card is delivered to my house. It makes me feel special, like someone thought about me or a family member and sent something to let us know we're loved. Of course, sometimes it's just the latest thing Brian's won off of Ebay. That's exciting too though! One of my favorite things about Christmas is all the cards that come in the mail. I really enjoy the ones that send a picture or a letter about all that's been going on in their lives' for the past year.

Jesus Christ is our Deliverer. I love the song "Mary Did You Know?" and there's a line that's really appropriate to mention here:

Did you know that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?
This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

That about says it all. It makes me feel special that God cared enough to send Jesus, my Deliverer. I know I'm loved. I have to tell you, I really was sitting here at the computer typing that first paragraph, not knowing which name I was going to write about, when the UPS truck left a package on my doorstep.

I have good news to report! Weeks back I asked for everyone to pray for 3 year old Libby, who was having heart surgery. She was finally released from the hospital and able to go home to Dallas. I know her family is just overjoyed. I'm sure they will have an extra-Merry Christmas this year. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Thats. awesome....about Libby..
That is one of my most favorite songs too..having a hard time tping as Lucy is on my lap licking my fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!