Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Will the Doctor Really See Us Now?

It's funny how stressed we make ourselves at this time of the year. You should see the to do list that's sitting on my desk. Actually, you probably have your own list that's just as long. Then there are all the unexpected things you have to do that weren't even on your list. Like taking Spence to the doctor. We had a 10:50 appointment, but saw the doctor at 11:45. I'm so thankful that we can go to the doctor though and get needed medicine that I won't even complain about that ridiculous (oops, did I say that) wait. My cousin Rhonda has taken several trips to Nicaragua and tells us how she packs her suitcase with over-the-counter medicine, which is a rare treat for the people. They can't just hop in the SUV and go to the doctor whenever they need to. We are truly blessed. Back to Spence, he does have an ear infection. Poor thing feels miserable. He'll be walking along, fall down, and just lay over on the floor and almost fall asleep.

On a happier note, we went to see Santa at the mall this morning! Actually, it wasn't a very happy note. Spence cried and Coleman looked very concerned. Why do we try to force our kids to sit on some big, white-bearded stranger's lap? The lady finally got a good picture when Spence decided to look at Santa. In that picture, you can't tell that he's crying. Coleman asked for a grader (a construction vehicle for those of you with girls) and a crane. As we were driving away from the mall Coleman asked, "Where are Santa's reindeer?" Good question. I told him Santa probably parked them out back. Coleman said he would ask Santa when we go back and see him tomorrow. "Tomorrow? Every boy and girl only gets to sit on Santa's lap once," I said. He was fine with that.

At naptime Coleman and I were looking at a book that had a picture of a snowflake. I told him that we may see snow when we go to Montana. He said, "I'm going to hold my hand out and catch a snowflake like M&Ms." That sounds delicious. So Grandma and Grandpa, have snow and M&Ms waiting for us!

Today's name of Jesus is:

I Am

"I tell you the truth, " Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58

I Am does not sound like a name. It sounds like an incomplete sentence. I am what? I am busy. I am tired. I am in need of a vacation. But when you really stop and think about it, it is the perfect name for Jesus. I love that dialogue between God and Moses in Exodus 3 where Moses asks who he is to say sent him. God replies, "Tell them I Am has sent me to you." It sounds like a pretty confusing conversation. I can just see Moses scratching his head. But I think he eventually got it. I get it too. If we need peace, He says, "I Am your peace." If we need healing, He says, "I Am your healer." If we need forgiveness, He says, "I Am the One who forgives." He is everything we need.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Hope the boys feel better quick..that is on the top of my list....my prayer list!!

Will definitly have M & M's,,,,and just hope for snow...somewhere...we'll find it..

Sherrie said...

You can come to Wisconsin. There's lots of snow here. Too Much!! Hope Spence feels better.