Thursday, December 13, 2007

Today's Headline: Lady Passes Out in Bakery

Coleman's birthday is less than a month away, so I've started thinking about his party. Up until now, I've made all the boys' birthday cakes. This is Coleman's first year having a party with his friends, so I thought I would have a professional do the job. Today I stopped at a few bakeries to inquire about a fire truck-shaped birthday cake. I had heard wonderful things about the first bakery I went to. I knew it was going to be pricey, but nothing could have prepared me. Are you sitting down? For a fire truck-shaped cake to feed 15 to 20 people they charge $102. He's not getting married, he's turning 3!!! I politely said thank you and promptly left. I had been to the next bakery on my list before. They made little bassinet-shaped cookies with my due date written in icing in March of 2006. That was how we told our parents we were expecting. I figured if they were charging $50 for this cake, I should probably jump on that. They charge $28 for the fire truck cake. Now that I'm willing to pay for a 3 year old's birthday cake.

I hope you are enjoying the Jesus blog this month. I am trying to keep my focus on Him and remember that He is the:

Author and Perfecter of Our Faith

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

How many of our problems would be solved if we just fixed our eyes on Him? Why do we ever look away? I am so guilty of looking away. Thankfully, He has never looked away from us, even though it meant enduring the cross. May our faith be perfected during this glorious time of year.

2 comments:

Rita said...

If we stay focused on Him we really have no problems...trouble is we are human....and try to fix or make decisions ourselves...nice blog...
And glad Coleman is getting a fire truck truck cake...he will love it...although the ones you made were quite special also...]How are the boys feeling?? Hi to Nana!!

Anonymous said...

Amanda I'm loving your blog!
I really needed today's.
He's the author and finisher.

Thanks.

A fire truck cake is so WAY cool!