Saturday, December 08, 2007

Oh Brother...

It has started. I thought I had more time. I didn't think they would begin at such young ages. The other day I had to run into Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, so I sat Spence in the seat of the shopping cart and put Coleman in the basket. He was sitting so nicely. Then Spence started looking back and messing with him, touching him. Coleman said in that all too familiar whiny-complaining-about-my-brother-bothering-me voice, "HE'S TOUCHING ME! STOP!" I could not believe I was already having to deal with this. He's not even three yet! There are a lot of things Coleman does that I think, "Wow, I thought this wouldn't happen until later." Either I've been misguided or Coleman is just way advanced. In the last few weeks he's learned how to work the safety doorknob covers and the refrigerator latch. Now he can get out of his room, raid the pantry, and leave the refrigerator door half-opened. At least he's old enough to know right from wrong now, so he'll have consequences for getting into stuff he shouldn't.

Coleman is growing up so fast. Last night he had his first sleepover. Some friends that used to go to our church who have moved away came to our Sunday School class Christmas party. Then they stayed over at our house. Their little boy Keller is just 2 months older than Coleman. You might remember that we went to their house for Keller's birthday last month and Coleman puked in the bounce house. Yeah, they still socialize with us, even after that. I forgot to ask if they got their deposit back. Anyway, we made a pallet on the floor by Coleman's bed for Keller. We read stories and said prayers. They were so cute together. I really didn't think it would work out, but they made it all night! This morning about 7:00 we could hear them talking. They stayed in bed and talked for about 45 minutes! Keller told Coleman all about his broken tooth, and Coleman explained how he could get a tool and fix it. Seven o'clock came too quickly for the four adults who stayed up until 1:30. Brian said it was like we were in college. Pretty close, except in college we didn't have three little boys rarin' to go at 7:45!

I wish I had a name of Jesus to go with today's stories, but I don't. So here's my choice for today:

Our Great God and Savior

...while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13

Jesus, our great God and Savior. Why does He love me so much? Why does He give me a blessed hope? Why did He give up His life to save mine? He must love me more than I can fathom, because it sure isn't that I deserved any of that. That's the miracle of it though, no one deserves it. He just loves us.

2 comments:

Rita said...

And we should be more grateful every second of our lives to realize how he loved us!! It is beyond my pea-brain sometmes to understand....

He's touchng me.....ha ha ha....I remember....Wait till you hear...He's looking at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeani said...

I was going to say the very same thing Rita did. "He's looking at me again!" That would send me to the outer limits. But, then I rem
our Dad saying and doing "I am going to stop the car" Mary would be up in the front seat between Mommy and Daddy and Rita and me would be bugging each other in the back seat to the max. We had an imaginery line that we couldn't cross or we got it from eath other. Kick fights in bed too. She always won.
Her little legs could kick up a storm.
Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!