Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday Night at the Movies

Tonight after dinner I put some blankets and pillows down on the floor and the four of us laid down and watched a movie on the ceiling. Brian brought a projector home from work and hooked it up to his laptop and played Cars. We have a really high, sloped ceiling in our study, so it was perfect. I felt like I was at the IMAX! Coleman could have watched the whole movie without moving, but Spence got a little restless as bedtime approached. We'll try to finish the movie tomorrow night. It was so much fun that I asked Brian if he could bring the projector home more often.

I'm trying to recruit some guest bloggers for The Jesus Blog, but I haven't gotten any answers yet. So we'll see. Until then, I guess you're stuck with me. Here's today's name of Jesus:

Son of David

Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" Luke 18:39

As I typed this verse, I realized I didn't know the context, so I went to Luke 18 and read this section (Luke 18:35-43). The one shouting was a blind beggar. I also wondered why he chose to refer to Jesus as Son of David. My Bible has notes to go with some of the verses, and this verse just happened to have one. The note explained that "the blind man recognized Jesus as the prophesied Messiah." The note goes on to say how ironic this was that a blind man could "see" Jesus for who He really was, while other seeing people just didn't have a clue. We can be so blind sometimes. The good news is that Jesus healed this man because of his faith, the man praised God, and the people who witnessed this praised God too.

This verse also got me thinking about the lineage of Jesus. David was a wonderful man, known as a man after God's own heart. But he was not perfect. His life could have been taken from the script of a soap opera at times. Many in the lineage of Jesus were less than ideal. But God chose them. That tells me that He can use anyone. How amazing.

P.S. - Since no one took my challenge yesterday, I am not going to post the answers yet. I'll wait a few days.

And in addition, I just found out that I have been tagged by my cousin Rhonda to give 5 random facts about myself. I will sleep on it and post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rita said...

ch fun...an indoor movie theater,,I rem taking the boys to the outdoor a few times...Gale and I would fall asleep and they would wake us up ;and tell us when it was over..."-)

sheree said...

Coleman, Spence, Spence, Coleman. How easy was that? I'm right, am I not? That movie idea is great. Too bad my Bryan is self-employed, we'd have to buy our own. Ha Ha.
Thanks for giving me something to read everyday.