Saturday, December 15, 2007

What's Your Desire?

We sent out Christmas cards and gave our blog address, so if you're a new reader I welcome you! This month I'm doing something called The Jesus Blog. Every day of December I'm choosing a name of Jesus and writing a little about it. I usually take the name straight from a Bible verse, but today is a little different. Our choir sang Angels, from the Realms of Glory this morning. One of the lines caught my attention. Here is the name:

Desire of Nations

Sages, leave your contemplations, brighter visions beam afar;
Seek the great Desire of nations, ye have seen the Infant's star:
Come and worship, come and worship, worship Christ, the newborn King!

What a great name! Is He the Desire of our nation? I don't think so. I feel compelled to pray for our nation, that He would be our desire. Please pray with me! I wondered if "Desire of nations" was found anywhere in the Bible. Haggai 2:7 says, "I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the Lord Almighty." This could refer to the Messiah. I pray that He will be our Desire this Christmas, and throughout the year.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been tagged to tell 5 random, little known facts about myself.
  1. I love Funyuns (you know the chips that are onion flavored rings) but am embarrassed to buy them because I am not 7, I'm 32. I have recently discovered that Lays Kettle Cooked Maui Onion chips have the same flavor as Funyuns, but with a much more mature look (and name). Therefore I can buy them without shame.
  2. My favorite movie is The Parent Trap, 1961 with Hayley Mills. I also like her movies That Darn Cat and Pollyanna.
  3. If I buy Keebler Grasshopper cookies, I do not tell anyone in my house. I hide them in the pantry and eat them all in about 24 hours. (I hope Brian's not reading this.)
  4. I hate math and still count on my fingers to do simple addition.
  5. I had a blanket that I slept with until I went off to college. It finally fell apart. When I was little Mom would ask what I was going to do with the blanket when I got married. I would say, "I'll just hide it under the bed until my husband goes to sleep." I still love blankets, and do not like the sheet touching me.
I'm supposed to tag several friends. So Jennifer, Theresa, Sheree, and Candice, if you're reading this, it's your turn!

3 comments:

Rita said...

We sang that same song in church today also!!!

I learned 5 things about you I didnt know...
Pray you feel better soon...all of you!!!
How did we do on naming the right child??

Sherrie said...

Loved your blog today. I to like the Parent Trap. I could watch that movie over and over!
Love ya,

Jennifer said...

I love Funyon's too, so I will definately have to check out Lays Kettle Cooked Maui Onion chips because I too feel a little funny buying them. They are always my "eat on a cartrip" chips.